Chapter 27: A Similarity

I was very glad to see last chapter was received so well, even if I would have loved to see more people receive it, ha ha. Oh well, let's continue on with Chapter 27!

Chapter 27

A Similarity

Clemont felt like he could sweat buckets. Not that there was any heat inside the Ultra Space. Or cold. Really, it didn't feel like there was much of anything but a twisted amalgamation of worlds in that space. From images of Kahili and Y flashing by to those of one of the swift beasts descending upon what looked like Keoni in Po Town, there were plenty of those visions, too. And Ultra Beasts...there were a lot of those. However, traveling to the other world didn't mean that his sweat glands had simply vanished in all of a second. That was evident from the fact that the front of his shirt was soaked.

"Luxray, Electric Terrain!" Clemont ordered. Hau was next to him, commanding the same exact order from Pipi, both to expand their range and beef up any remaining electric attacks.

"Great idea! Silvally, System Change: Electric!" Gladion called out, using his Z-Ring to resonate with Silvally. The Pokémon's body sparked, tail fin turning yellow, as did the plumage. "Multi-Attack!"

"Hrrrrrah!" Silvally roared, charging forward into what looked like a grouping of Ultra Beasts, particularly noted as the one that looked like a strange cannon, called Celesteela (as said by Lunala). It exploded with an electrical pulse that sent the grouping of the beasts skittering on to the floor. Clemont whipped his head around rapidly.

"Team Rocket, Hau, make sure those sparking ones don't make it near the electric field!" he yelled out to his companions that were there. "I can only imagine what will happen if they do."

"We're on it! Crabrawler, Payback!" James ordered, striking a pose that Hau seemed to think was ridiculously cool. Crabrawler scuttled forth, firing a pitch-black ball from its claw. The orb slammed into the big red beast, again named by Lunala as Buzzwole. Not that it did much, and the beast punched forward with an orange fist.

"Go, my sweet Bewear!" Jessie cackled out. Bewear ran forward with a squeal and the fists of the two collided. Clemont focused his faculties back to his own battle that needed paying attention to. They were surrounded by swift moving Ultra Beasts that seemed to be running circles around the inventor and his Pokémon. No matter what Chespin and Bunnelby tried, they couldn't seem to nail a single one of them.

"Vikavolt, we need your speed! Bug Buzz, slow it down!" Vikavolt zipped forward, trying to track the speedy Ultra Beast. Soundwaves that were blood red in color began to emanate off of his body, and for a moment, Clemont could see their particular quarry. "Luxray, Wild Charge!"

"Pipi, help out with Thunderbolt!" Hau called from the edge of the electrical border. His Incineroar was swinging forward with his black flames to slam against the electrical Ultra Beast. Luxray sped forward, brimming with powerful electricity, before it closed the gap and was able to slam into the lithe beast, having been stalled just long enough. In the same moment, Pipi acted even quicker, the electricity of a Thunderbolt striking into the beast and leaving it in a smoking heap.

"There are still more than that," Gladion noted, drawing his back up against Clemont's. He didn't look particularly pleased with the layout of the situation, his eyes continually flicking back towards where they had come from. Towards Ash. There was obviously a sense of worry there, and even Clemont was feeling that worriedness grow. They had already been battling for some time, and Ash had made no show of himself.

"Koorai!" Decidueye called out, zipping forward towards one of the other speedy beasts. Lycanroc was at his side, the fastest of Ash's two Pokémon reaching their quarries in no time. Decidueye flipped with an Acrobatics, sending one of the beasts sailing into the wall, where it was absorbed, while Lycanroc howled, and stones emerged from the ground to impale another. Not that it was enough to defeat it until Passimian jumped up and nailed it with a barrage of Shadow Balls. "Koo! Koo!"