10.

Have a great Saturday/Sunday

"Wear a dress!" "Mom, no!" "Riley I refuse to let you walk down the stairs in those god awful jeans." "Then it looks like I'm staying up here." "You're so ridiculous." My mom seethed slamming my bedroom door.

"Like mother, like daughter." I grumbled brushing the knots out of my hair. My mother was stressing so much on this damn dinner that it's put me in a terrible mood.

I huffed smearing all types of foundations and bronzers over my neck trying to make the stupid bruise disappear. But to my avail, no such luck.

I yelled throwing the stupid makeup product on my desk and crossed my arms. Stupid Billy, stupid Mom, stupid life!

I got up trudging towards my closet knowing if I did go down those steps in my regular attire my mother would skin me alive and burn my favorite pair of jeans. I scanned my closet searching for a dress and finally stopped at one. It was a black fitting dress that I wore to my uncles funeral and shrugged. It beats jeans.

I stripped out my clothes and threw the stupid thing on. Luckily it was stretchy because I did gain a few pounds since the last time I wore this.

I adjusted my breasts in it and pulled it down trying to cover my thighs more.

I walked over towards my desk giving it one last shot at covering up the events that happened earlier.

I began to smear on concealer I found in my moms makeup drawer and raised my eye brows. "Not too shabby." I began to pat it with my finger tips trying to blend it as best as I could. I then began to powered my neck hoping it would stay in place and not manage to melt away.

I kept my socks on from earlier today and opened my bedroom door not forgetting to shut it.

I hopped down the steps and made my way inside the kitchen. There my mother was pulling out a turkey out of the oven. "Oh sweetie, you look gorgeous." I smiled thanking her. My mom has not complimented me about my beauty in ages.

I heard the door bell ring and looked over at my mom. "Sweetie will you take care of this, I need to check who that is. I nodded my head grabbing oven mits and she handed me the pan of turkey. I grabbed it walking inside the dining room setting it in the middle.

I raised my eyebrow in awe, my mom went all out. We had a salad bowl filled with lettuce and other fixings, potato sald, green beans, and bread rolls! You know mom is trying to impress when we have bread after six pm.

"Susan! it's so good to see you! Riley, Jerry come out here and greet everyone!"

I huffed spinning on my heel and making my way out of the dining room. I hid behind the doorway in the kitchen to peak at Billy and his family. I gazed at the four of them. His parents looked very elegant while his step sister and him were dressed more casual than them.

My Dad walked out of the living room wearing slacks and a polo shirt and stepped right up to Billy's dad.

"Jerry O'Niel." He commented extending his hand. The man took my fathers hand and smiled not breaking eye contact, "Niel Hargrove."

My dad greeted them all and I rolled my eyes at how formal he was being. This isn't some sort of business meeting...

"It's so good to see you Rachel." Who I'm assuming is Susan stated giving my mom a brief hug. "It's so good to have you all over. Riley, dear! Will you stop hiding now and come out!" My mother called trying to sound sweet but I knew inside she was fuming that I still haven't entered.

I rolled my eyes walking out from my hiding area and walked out to our entry way. I waved my hand up awkardly as all eyes were on me.

"Everyone this is my daughter, Riley." My mother grabbed me gripping my shoulders. "Hi." I mumbled awkwardly.