Chapter Twenty-nine

"Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a man's last romance."
                     - Oscar Wilde.

Ndidi had seen Frederick as a good man. The first day she saw him she knew he was special. She has seen his heart too, but that wasn't the part of his anatomy she had been interested in.

At first, she wanted the same old thing. She wanted something to fill her, something that would make her run to every night and day. But all she ever wanted and yearned for changed after a few dates, a few hugs, a few kisses, a few lovemaking. After he touched her gently, she knew she'd want to see him again and not just once, not just twice, maybe forever, and a little bit more. She had fallen in love with him. Frederick made her realize that there was more to a man than what was in his jeans.

Her mind changed when she got to know him; his dark-lidded eyes, great eyebrows, full ruby lips, his neatly cut hair, and his fresh, pure heart. She changed when she got to know him. It was true, when a person loved you for who you were, you changed all the wrong things because of them.

Ndidi was home all day. Nothing about catching a cold or flu. She just didn't want to be at work. It was true that she was lazy, but if she was being fair to herself, her long, baby fingers just needed some rest. She sat on the bed and stared at her boyfriend, who she had called for little company but wasn't even paying her the slightest attention. She sighed with feigned annoyance.

Frederick sat on the bed innocently, unaware of his environment. His back was bent uncomfortably and he didn't seem to notice the pain he was going through. His black eyes were focused on the screen of his laptop. Then, abruptly, a frown drew his eyebrows together as he made a slight effort to concentrate.

Ndidi who laid beside him used her leg to give him a friendly jerk.

"You'll hurt your back," she said sweetly.

He frowned more deeply, then he turned to look at her. "Do you actually care?" he chuckled. "I'm pretty sure you don't."

"I do," she replied and rolled under him so her head was on his thigh. "I love you."

"I doubt it," he looked at her and smiled daintily. Scratching his head, "what do you want?" he asked.

"Attention," she grinned proudly. "I called you here for a reason."

Frederick sighed. "You know I'm a busy person. Please, be an understanding girlfriend."

"No, I will not. Not today," Ndidi said stubbornly.

She was tired of having the same conversation over and over again. She couldn't believe she had to fight over her boyfriend with a laptop. And the funny thing was that the laptop always won.

He sighed again. "I wonder what I'm supposed to do with you."

Though it seemed like he was about to wave the white flag, he continued to type on his laptop, this time, apathetically.

"I can't always fight for you over a fucking laptop. I need your attention, Frederick. I need it now."

"Weird. That's what my other girlfriends always say. Seems like I have a thing for jealous girls."

Ndidi rolled back to where she had laid and hit him on the back with her leg. She was a strong girl, so he moved a little.

He laughed at her, shut down his laptop, and crawled to where she laid.

"Obim. My strong girl," he said complacently. "You're just so stubborn. What am I supposed to do with you? Hm?" he asked again.

"You can kiss me," she suggested with a shrug and he did.

It was not just any kind of kiss. It was such an intimate and caring type; slow yet assessing and she wanted more.

Frederick broke the kiss and stared at her. "Is that all?" he followed his question with the lick of his lips and pretended to grab his laptop.

Ndidi shook her head. "Come here."

He laughed and followed a trail of kisses down her neck and then gently sucked on her earlobe. She moaned in response, opening up to him. Her senses were high and she wasn't the type to hide her emotions.

Frederick broke the kiss again, this time to undress her. He took off her clothes one by one. When she was fully naked, he kissed her naked body gently, receiving the response he always got.

She moaned again when his hot mouth touched her skin but she wasn't satisfied. She wanted more. She rose to look up at him.

"What?" he smiled innocently.

"I'm the only one naked here," she said reproachfully.

"Okay, okay," he said and took off his shirt.

Abruptly, she helped unbutton his trousers and she helped him take it off.

"No need to rush. I'm right here," he said as if he was talking to a child.

When Ndidi didn't answer, he took a packet of condoms from the cupboard and handed it to her. She always liked to open it and slide it on him.

Frederick left her with the business of opening the packet condom as he took off his boxers.

When he was done, he let her slide it on him. He smiled and kissed her forehead while laying her down. She stared up at him, ready to let him in. She couldn't keep her eyes away from his nor her hands from his body. He was everything she ever wanted. Everything she needed.

She nodded to him to go on. He didn't hesitate. He entered her slowly. He kissed her again like it was their first time, then he entered her again and again, one stroke at a time before he went super fast.

It was a mixture of both lovemaking and passion, hunger and satisfaction. It was the perfect type. The one that always left them both on the edge and out of breath.