05| Correction

Link and Zelda were hurriedly rushed back through the castle's corridors, both equal parts ushered and shoved by Ganondorf and his lackeys

Link and Zelda were hurriedly rushed back through the castle's corridors, both equal parts ushered and shoved by Ganondorf and his lackeys. While Zelda quietly complied, Link did his best to fight them the whole way. Even if he had lost, he wouldn't let them have the satisfaction.

   The luxurious décor and atmosphere were eventually replaced by the old, stale air of the dungeon. It was all too soon when a Gerudo guard unlocked a cell door, ready to welcome the two Hylians back into the cell's dingy embrace.

   Ganondorf relieved the two guards of the still-struggling Link, saying, "Hold the vai out here. I can handle the voe myself." He then shoved Link into the cell. Link stumbled, righting himself and turning around to face the Gerudo. "What you did was inexcusable," Ganondorf said slowly and dangerously.

   Link unflinchingly stared Ganondorf in the eyes. "And I don't regret it one bit, you desert scum," he muttered.

   The general smirked, his hand clenching into a fist. "Words won't help you one bit here." Before Link could react, Ganondorf's fist smashed into his stomach. Pain erupted in Link's gut, and he stumbled back as he doubled over, gagging. He almost fell to his knees, the blow was so staggering.

   "What are you doing?" Zelda gasped from outside the cell. Ganondorf ignored her.

   "That is for disrespecting my women," he growled.

   Link dimly looked up at Ganondorf, bile and saliva bubbling at his lips, too shocked to even try and respond. He saw the Gerudo raise his fist again, and what he saw next were stars. A bolt of agony stabbed into Link's skull, right where he'd been previously struck, shocking and frying his nerves and jolting his sense of balance. He crumpled to the ground, his vision spiraling.

   "That is for disrespecting me," Ganondorf continued. He seized Link by the front of his shirt and dragged him to his knees. The jarring motion nearly made Link sick. "I want to do more, Hylians like you deserve so much worse, but I'm a kind and forgiving Gerudo," Ganondorf said.

   Link swallowed back vomit, clenching his teeth. "Kind and forgivin', my ass," he slurred, glad he still had enough awareness to give his words the bite they usually had.

   Ganondorf glared at the Hylian, reined-in anger clearly evident in his twitching eye. "You're all the same. Ungrateful, rude, disrespectful peasants. I truly don't know what King Daemos sees in any of you, not at all." He let Link fall to the ground, his head smacking the stone. That last blow did him in, knocking him unconscious.

   When Link came around, he was engulfed in a world of pain, its epicenter in his cranium. He tried and failed to clutch his head, the restriction of his arms and clinking metal revealing what he thought—he'd been chained up again.

   "Stop moving!"

   Link instantly scowled, glancing up at Zelda. She was kneeling in front of him, a hand on his shoulder and doing something with her other. Whatever it was, it made his head hurt even more. "The hell are ya doin'?" he snapped, jerking away from her touch.