27| Winds from the West

Link couldn't be happier to see the gloom of the temple

Link couldn't be happier to see the gloom of the temple. Luce was grabbing his arm, looking at him frantically with worry-filled eyes. Those were her eyes, not the false Lucario's. Link couldn't be happier to see her.

   "H-hey, I'm... fine," he muttered numbly, unconsciously putting a hand to his stomach. Even if there was no longer a wound, it still ached as if there was one. "Zelda?" She stood with her hands pressed to her chest, which rose and fell with rapid breaths. "Y-ya okay?" he asked. Her eyes darted to meet his.

   "Yes," she wheezed. He knew she wanted to ask.

   "Ya said I should start doing something, so I did," he said.

   Her eyes widened. "That wasn't what I meant."

   Iigo, of course, was completely oblivious to what had just occurred. "What happened there?" he asked. "You two seemed to be in a trance there." Link didn't want to speak of it then, and neither did Zelda, as they both stayed quiet.

   I hope it wasn't too shocking... Though from your expressions, I have an unfortunate feeling that wasn't the case, Resa said somberly.

   Link had to answer. "I-it wasn't," he muttered.

   I am quite impressed. You two have admirable teamwork, Cobalion praised. But I am convinced now. The inner doors opened, and beyond it lay a room identical to those in the Wetlands and Riptide temples.

   A beast with tall, golden horns stood atop the dais. His blue fur rippled as he moved, his hooves clicking on the stairs as he descended. Dark, narrowed eyes observed the group, judgemental. He took his time looking over Link and Zelda, to the point where Luce and Fira began to grow wary even if Cobalion wasn't doing anything else.

   These are quite different from the previous. However, they should suffice, Cobalion mused. I hope you visited my siblings before me, Overseer Resa.

   Only Terrakion is left, she said. Afterwards, we will be ready.

   Cobalion nodded. Good. It seems that things are going to plan. I look forwards to the day we can complete this mission; I've grown quite weary of it.

   We all have, to some degree, Resa said. But aren't you going to ask how Virizion and Keldeo have been?

   Cobalion tilted his head, his eyes narrowing further. I have no need to, as I trust they are well. Why are you bothering with something of that sort, Overseer? The mission is all that matters.

   If she could have, Link imagined that Resa would have winced. Y-yes, my apologies, she said. On that note farewell to you, Overseer Cobalion.

   Cobalion dipped his head. Yes, farewell.

   As the group departed from Cobalion's chamber, Iigo finally spoke up again. It was only a matter of time until he would.