10| A Tenuous Agreement

Zelda and Fira were already there when Link and Luce entered the Deku Tree's clearing

Zelda and Fira were already there when Link and Luce entered the Deku Tree's clearing. They were standing by the Master Sword's pedestal, waiting.

   Zelda's torn and tattered dress had been replaced. She now wore a long-sleeved light tan tunic cinched at the waist with a thin leather belt, dark brown leggings, and high leather boots along with fingerless gloves that matched Link's. The humble color scheme was interrupted by her gold necklace, which while tucked into the neckline of the tunic, was still visible. She regarded Link with a slight nod of acknowledgement before turning back to Resa, who was tightly holding the Master Sword in her sashes.

   Good morning, Holder of Courage, Resa greeted Link. He muttered back a small "Hey," unsure of how to respond. Although she seemed to bristle, Resa accepted the response and continued speaking. I summoned you both here to discuss our course of action. The second phase of our plan is to alert the four other Overseers.

   "More Aegislash?" Link asked.

   "They aren't," Zelda answered before Resa could. "You might know them as the Swords of Justice: Virizion, Cobalion, Terrakion, and Keldeo." Link didn't know, but he wasn't about to admit that out loud. "But that's all I know about them. What exactly they do is a mystery to me... Are they also bound by Courage?" Zelda asked Resa.

   No, but they were blessed with powers by Hylia herself to assist us. They've been sealed away in four of Hyrule's oldest temples.

   "That sounds like the story of the Six Sages," Zelda remarked, her eyes wide with intrigue. "They were protectors of temples and assisted an ancient Holder of Courage and Wisdom in their fight against that time's Holder of Power."

   "But this ain't that story," Link said with purposeful bite in his tone.

   Yet they serve a similar role. The other Overseers are to seal away Power within their spirits, an ability Hylia gifted them. With that in mind, like we did with Courage, we can separate Power from its host and fracture it. Once that occurs, we can confine it to each of the Overseers. Afterwards, they will reseal themselves back in the temples, where they are to be never opened again.

   "Won't the demon take over the Overseers then?" Zelda asked.

   The Triforce of Power will already be sealed, which will nullify its power. We hope that splitting it four ways will further weaken the demon's remaining traces, and as long as the Overseers are aware of and fight the demon's influence, nothing malevolent should be able to take effect.

   Link scoffed. "So this plan isn't even guaranteed to work."

   It is all that the original Overseers could think to do, Resa said. Sealing Power within their spirits will permanently bind it to them unless they choose to set it free. It is similar to how the Triforce of Courage is forever bound to the Holder of Courage's spirit, except the goddess Farore had created the binding herself so it cannot be undone. Link felt she was directing this last statement at him.