11| Southern Swamps

Link ducked to the side as Luce's fist swung towards him, her paw missing his head by a breadth's hair

Link ducked to the side as Luce's fist swung towards him, her paw missing his head by a breadth's hair. He quickly threw a right hook at her, but she danced out of the way, skidding to a stop. She waited for Link to make a move with her arms raised in a defensive position. He hesitated but decided to take the risk. Link advanced, lashing out with the Master Sword. Even if it struck her, it wouldn't cut due to its blade being wrapped in cloth.

   Luce's eyes flashed blue as an ethereal bone flared into existence in her paws, which collided with the sword's blade. Link shoved against Luce's Bone Club, expecting her to try and sweep her legs under his to topple him. He didn't expect her to suddenly fall back, causing Link to stumble. As he did, Luce's leg came up, kicking the sword from Link's grasp.

   The Lucario smiled confidently upon seeing Link's look of shock. She then lashed out herself, grabbing hold of Link's arm and quickly twisting it so it was bent at an awkward angle. Link bit his tongue to stifle a hiss of pain. He knew he couldn't move, because if he did, Luce could easily break his arm. His shoulders slouched in defeat.

   "Fine, I yield," he admitted.

   Luce let him go, dispelling her Bone Club as she did so. When Link was properly back on his feet, Luce crossed her arms and gave him a stern look, one of a disappointed mother facing her child. She sharply barked, raising an eyebrow as she did so.

   "I attacked instead of defended," Link responded. Luce tilted her head, and Link continued. "And I made it too easy for the foe to grab me." She nodded. "Ya can't really blame me for bein' rusty, though," Link said. "It's been a week or somethin' since we were last able to train, and—" Luce barked again, cutting Link off. He sighed. "Fine, there's no excuses."

   Despite his loss, it felt amazing to Link to be training with Luce again. It was part of their daily routine, and it was a part that he thoroughly enjoyed. It was a shame that they had an audience now.

   Impressive, Resa commented. I must admit that I underestimated your skills.

   "Even though I lost?" Link huffed. "Hey, I'll take the compliment if it is one."

   You and Wisdom are more experienced with combat than I had first thought, which will make things much easier should we encounter any trouble, Resa said as she looked over to where Zelda was training with Fira.

   Fira formed orbs of psychic energy in his paws, which he tossed into the air at varying heights and speeds like impromptu clay Pidove. Zelda stood nearby with her bow, taking aim and swiftly firing at the flying orbs. When her arrows struck them, they would explode in a splash of magenta light.

   "Okay, why is she actually good at that?" Link muttered, surprised. The thought of how many Pokémon she possibly had brought down with a bow turned his stomach, but he had to admit she knew how to use it. But would she be willing to raise that bow to a person if she had to?