2 : wednesday night interlude

mm: markelle, tzipora & marie

A/N: It ain't Wednesday but...if you heard the song before it pretty much sums up how Markelle is feeling since the big break.

"i been thinkin' bout everything,
i don't know if it's because i'm lonely,
lonely on a wednesday night
girl, i'm lonely, i'll admit it,
if you just keep quiet."

-
markelle

Never had I listened to so many love songs back to back. Neither have I had Drake on repeat for so long.

I swear I never missed a person this much. I kept growing closer and closer to Marie, but she would never give me the satisfaction of finding love and comfort in her.

Every effort towards Tzipora was rejected. I couldn't find a way in. I was doing the worst thing possible; trying to make myself feel better through Marie, but she just wouldn't allow it.

I found myself "checking" on her every chance I could get. It's sad how desperate you get when you lose someone.

I was at practice, and I knew that Marie was up, so I called to check on her.

-

-marie

"Heyyy." I answered the FaceTime call. "Wassup." Markelle answered, with sweat all over his face, and the sounds of basketballs in the background.

"Nothing."

He wiped his face with a towel, "How the baby doing?"

"Good." I propped the phone on my kitchen counter. "You still think it's a girl?" I reached in my cabinet, grabbing some snacks.

"Mhm. For sure." He smiled. "..It's one in the morning, you don't need those chips." He wiped his face again.

"Yes I do. I'm eating for two so I'm hungry as fuck."

"..Tell you what, imma buy you some yogurt. You don't need no hot chips, you gone have hella heartburn."

"Shut up." I laughed. "Acid Reflux and all." He laughed too.

"Don't you need to be bouncing a ball?" I swiveled my head. "Nah, I'm through."

"Mmhmm."

"Well Call Tzipora or something."

"I think you just using that to get away from me now."

"No, for real. Like lately it seems like you ain't even making efforts to get her back now."

He laughed, rolling his eyes, "Best believe I am."

"Damn you said that like you struggling." I smirked. "Shit, I am."

"I'm tryna be extra careful so she don't block me or some shit."

"Oh yea...Confront her then. Stop texting her and shit. That's a real wack nigga move..."

"How the hell imma confront her? She don't work at the facility no more, and she live with her best friend, and I'm not tryna get jumped by two girls."

"...Don't show up at her house, fool. Ben goes out with her friend, just get Ben to let you know when she has stuff planned..or get him to invite you out with them whenever Tzipora's going."

"You right.."

"As always." I shrugged. "..Don't get no big head. It's already big enough."

"Says the one with the bigger forehead...Bye Markelle.. I'm sleepy."

"Aight. Good nighttttt." He smiled. "Even though you ain't going to sleep."

"What you mean?"

"That was your excuse to go eat up your pantry."

"Oof."

"It was..Imma call you when I get home."

"No you're not." I laughed. "Lonely ass.."

"Bye Marie."

"Get your girl back and you won't be so damn lonely."

"Bye Marie." He hung up.

-

-tzipora

"Have you met her?" Winter asked. "No..I don't even think I can face her." I shrugged.

"How come?" Winter made a face. "To be honest...I'm just too jealous to speak with her face to face."

"Understandable...But you know I been lurking on instagram.." She hesitated.

"And you know he got her shit hella behind scenes..Don't nobody in the public know what she look like except Ben and Joel and The rest of the team."

"But. Ben told me her name. He said he wasn't gonna show me her though cause he knows I'm up to no good.."

"I don't blame him." I laughed. "Well I know you wanna see." Winter smirked.

"No I don't.."

"I got her page right here."

"Really?" I stood up. "See."

"Shut up."

"I mean...At least she's cute." Winter said before showing me. And if I'm honest, that made me more jealous.

"Oooooo...look at this caption girl..." Winter tapped on a post.

A/n: I changed marie's fc later in the book

"And Markelle liked it."

"Her reason is Kelle and that baby. See this bitch.." Winter got ready to rant.

"Wait...Winter...I might've just came up with something, I tapped on another photo.

-end ❤️