4 : the ride

-

markelle

"Thanks for taking me out." Marie said with a flattered look. "I just felt like I owed it to you."

"You did." She joked. "I'm sorry about...Zip by the way.."

"What did your uh..your photographer say?"

"Say about what?" She took a bite of her food. "The baby."

"Oh..He said maybe he could get maternity photos. And until I have a bigger belly, the photos can be edited."

"That's what's up."

"So you still think it's a girl?"  She smiled.

"Yep...We need a name." I smiled back. "Mackenzie." She seemed to be satisfied. "No." I said with no hesitation. "Oo." She said, startled.

"What's wrong with Mackenzie?"

"...Long Story."

She giggled awkwardly. "Okay. Moving on."

"Mary."

"That sounds like someone's grandmother."

"Okay then..um.."

My phone rang, and it was Tzipora. "Wassup?"

"Hey..."

"..You busy?" She must've been trying to ask me something. "Wrapping something up. Why?"

"Well. First. I wanted to say Sorry."

"Okay..."

"Markelle..I'm sorry. For shutting you out, making you feel like you were the only one in the wrong. And I'm sorry for the stress I've been adding."

"I accept your apology."

"And then..I realized, through Jealousy, I haven't thought to actually check on you and wonder how life is."

"So..How's the baby?"

"Oh Good."

"That's awesome. How's Marie?"

"She's good."

"What're you up to?" I could tell she was beating around the bush. "I was out with Marie. Getting ready to leave."

"..Oh..." I could tell she had took what she wanted out of that. "What is it?"

"I just thought we needed to talk...without all of the aggression..."

I sat silently. "Come on Markelle, you know I'm putting my pride aside for this."

"Fine. Three o'clock sound good?"

"Any Time sounds good Honestly."

"Okay. See you then."

-

Three o'clock came, and I was actually filled with excitement. I may not have showed it last time we saw each other, but I want her back really bad.