Chapter-2

Dan

Dan had very little patience when it came to human fickle minds. He sat uninterested, barely keeping a yawn in as the man spoke about his strategies on lowering fuel costs.

"Potential oil fields at Amazon have 30% of our total oil reserve. It would be highly beneficial for us to extract oil from there. We could cut down our fuel rates by up to 5%."

The man listed out some detailed figures that Dan found amusing. Dan let the head of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas babble for a few more seconds. The environmentalist sat silently beside him, probably scared of the Chief who wanted nothing more than laundering his black money.

To be honest, Dan didn't want to be part of this discussion. The stone-headed humans were hell-bent on self destruction. Grosh knew a long time ago, there was no way of survival without being one with nature. The fact that they still depended on their planet's fossil fuel boggled his mind. The universe has enough energy to easily sustain their energy needs, but they would rather invest in new strategies cutting down their trees and extracting oil from the ground.

Grosh had tried to rescue the human species on more than one occasion. In fact, Dan's whole presence at EAE was meant to save humans from their destructive nature, however, they never failed to test his patience.

"What do you have to say, Dan?" The chief asked, turning to him. Dan's opinion was taken as the last word and rightfully so.

Dan sighed as he stood up. He was fed up from showing them the mirror. These meetings always led to controversies. Nothing riled up these small humans more than stamping on their egos.

"Mr. Krick is absolutely right, Amazon does have 30% of your total oil reserve. He has done his research for a change." Dan smiled, which he was sure wasn't friendly at all. He walked to the front of the conference room standing before the group of people authoritatively. "But what failed to mention is that Amazon also has 50% of the total forest land you people have left. Of the 26 million hectares of forest land, the Amazon occupies 18 million alone. And the mining will take up 100 hectares of forest land and another 100 would be affected in the process. 200 hectares, that's 10% of your oxygen supply in the air. Your current human population is barely surviving on the low levels of oxygen. I am shocked that you could even come up with something like this. This was my opinion as an advanced species, rest is up to you."

Dan left the conference without waiting to hear their final decision. He didn't care if they chose to destroy their planet with their stupidity. His term was almost up. The next ambassador would take his place in a few years and he would go to his comfortable life back at Grosh. He was a high-grade officer in his world. A member of the royal family. He was the leader but that wasn't the reason he was given the position of high command. He had claimed the position with his merit; his father was never too fond of him. It was his father's decision to send him to earth even though Dan had no wish of coming here.

Grosh had taken upon themselves to save human species. Even though the reason was less noble, it was cheap human labour they needed, Dan understood it was what was best for them. Grosh's arrival prevented nuclear wars, and unsustainable development that could lead to human extinction faster than they anticipated. Ghosh people had understood very early in their evolution the importance of staying connected with nature. He didn't blame humans though. Their species was a mistake made by Grosh ancestors. Millions of years ago when Grosh was losing its population, they took help of gene manipulation to kick-start their species on earth. The experiment backfired, since human females weren't compatible with Grosh males, not even by a long shot. It was amazing how nature took its course and developed this accidental experiment into a whole new species.

Dan ran his fingers through his hair, moving his head from side to side, cracking a few bones. The higher gravity of earth wasn't good for him. He was hungry, he was always hungry. The food on earth was less than satisfactory. EAE spent a lot of money on developing alien food, and keeping the alien ambassadors happy but for Dan there was nothing better than home. He didn't know what the other three alien's felt, not that they would want to have a heart to heart with him. People knew not to bother him. He wasn't like the other Grosh they have had in their facility. He was respectable but he didn't like to take bullshit from others, especially not egoistic human males, females were still tolerable. More than tolerable actually. He quite liked the company of them. Ofcourse, they were nothing compared to beautiful Grosh females but they were fine. They were soft spoken, melted right in his hold unlike Grosh females who were hard to please. Dan liked the chase, every pure blooded Grosh did. It was the chase that made them hard. There was nothing better than pushing a female on the ground and mounting them. Human females would have a heart attack if they knew what Dan actually liked. He had learned the human way of making love though. He liked touching their delicate skin softly, showering them with fake compliments. Their skins would brighten up from the fake words, it was amazing.

Dan's communication device buzzed to show Shurti's name flashing on it. His doctor was the only person he could talk to. She had a spine that most of the humans didn't. The Grosh before him had hated the foul mouthed human doctor, but Dan appreciated it. He didn't have to guess her intentions. She spoke her mind which was so much better than guessing someone's true intentions. Humans were excellent actors, it was exhausting figuring out fake from real. Shruti was easy to decipher, which made things easy for him.

"You need to have a formal introduction with the new intern, come to my office," Shruti's curt messages blared from the microphone.

"I have a meeting with the UN secretary in an hour. I can't," Dan announced.

"Bullshit..."

"The discussion is over, Shruti." He heard a faint 'bastard' before he hung up.

He had more important things to do than entraining another one of those interns. EAE appointed one of those clowns every year. Most of the interns looked at Dan like he wasn't a person but a ghost. He hated it. He had no wish of meeting it.