Chapter-10

Dan

Dan clenched his fist when he felt his avath tingle in his wrist. He rotated his wrist to alleviate some of the pressure.

"Is everything alright?" Nicky asked, looking at his hand.

"Just a strain," Dan lied. Only if she knew what his Grosh instincts wanted to do to her. With every passing minute, it was getting more and more difficult to deny the bond. Her face, her voice, her mere presence teased him with the promise of the violent mating to come. But no, he couldn't have her the way he wanted her. She wasn't a Grosh. Fuck, if it wasn't messing with his head. His primal instinct was to push her down on her knees and ride her like a stallion.

When people said priming is the worst kind of punishment yet the best kind of reward, he hadn't believed them. As his body burned with the fever of priming hormones, he understood their sentiment. His avath throbbed in his right wrist refusing to go in, while his cock twitched everytime he got a whiff of Nicky's heady smell.

Nicky sat beside him with stiff shoulders putting as much distance between them as possible. Their arms still touched in the close confines of the car, sending shockwaves in Dan's body. The car wasn't big enough to fit a big man like Dan but he wished it was smaller. He wanted more..no...he needed more, like he needed his next breath. Nicky was looking outside the window, oblivious to Dan's struggle. He wanted to scream with frustration, if this was Grosh he would have shown her what her resistance did to him. Grosh females resisted when they wanted to be dominated by their mates. The equation was much different on earth, dominating a woman was considered criminal. Earth females didn't test their males the way Grosh women did. Dan couldn't make a stupid move and scare away this timid girl.

"Are you alright? You are breathing heavy." Nicky said, finally looking at him. Was he breathing heavy? The fact that every cell in his body was preparing him to chase his resisting woman made sense for why he was breathing heavy.

The car came to a halt at their destination. "I am fine." He said, extending his left hand and taking her soft ones in his. The touch made the hungry beast inside him crawl out and claim his woman. He was hanging by a thread, seconds away from claiming her. His hands squeezed hers involuntarily. She looked up as the gensure.

"Relax," he said, "I am not going to eat you." No, he won't, he will devour her. His eyes must have shown the hunger he was feeling, glowing with priming needs.

"Your eyes..." She trailed off.

He chuckled, "I know...I am sorry it's involuntary." He pulled her out of the car with a gentle tug and thankfully she complied.

"No, your eyes look beautiful," She said, biting her lips, as a blush spread on her cheeks.

Dan's eyes flickered to his right wrist, the avath was still out, oozing venom at the tip. It took a lot of willpower but he willed it inside yet again.

"Thanks, Nicky," his voice was hoarse. Nicky tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She was innocent like a Grosh baby, starkly different from Grosh women. Grosh females were fierce as were their men. He wasn't sure how this human female would cope with being his mate.

"Do you smell that?" Nicky sniffed, looking around.

"Smell what?"

"Smells like spices."

Spices? Dan frowned, before it struck him. He was releasing priming pheromones.

"Don't inhale it," He warned. He didn't want her to get high on his pheromones, at least not until she knew what was going on

"Wow, It's the first time I have seen so many trees together," Nicky said, looking at the thick forest ahead.

Years of exploitation had left barren lands in most parts of the earth. Most of the Oxygen supply was replenished by machines yet the oxygen was critically low on most parts of the earth. The enclosed tree reserve was one of the few ones still left.