Chapter-3

Nicky

Nicky looked at the aliens, amazed. She had never seen an alien up close, just on the TV or the internet. The four advanced species of aliens that lived on EAE were world famous. More so than any movie star. Grosh aliens were the only ones that resembled humans, the rest two didn't resemble any earth animal species at all.

Dan wasn't present at the introduction, not that any of the aliens needed introduction. She had seen them on television more than she had seen human celebrities. Dan was known to be the moody one. He came and went at his wishes. Could be that his people were not social creatures or it could be a personal trait. It was more likely the latter. Grosh's before him weren't as arrogant. Yeah, they did have a high sense of self, but Dan was the epitome of arrogance. For a normal person the trait was extremely unattractive but Dan had leeway with almost everything. Personally, Nicky hated it.

Nicky looked in awe at the aliens as they had their introduction with each intern one by one. The alien Zeta was the most absurd among all. He didn't have hands or legs nor a defined head. He resembled a somewhat blob of mass of brown color. He smelled like rotten eggs which wasn't shocking considering his body was mostly made of sulphur compounds. Shockingly, Zetas had a highly developed brain, not as developed as Grosh but developed enough to develop technology for space travel.

Canopusarian aliens were huge smoky beings, more like ghosts and less like actual things. Vaigan aliens were the smallest among the aliens, almost the size of a small baseball. They sat in a sphere that was filled with liquid ammonium hydroxide. The contraption itself brought the species to Nicky's height. He spoke through a computerized voice, greeting Nicky with the mechanised contraption that wheeled in front of her. The gas cylinder to keep the sphere pressurised, looked like a body, while the liquid sphere looked like a head. The thing wasn't made by humans, Vaigan had made it themselves to move around in the human world.

"The Grosh didn't show up, did he?" Sierra mocked with a crooked smile. Nicky was never good with comebacks, so she let it slide. Her words didn't bother Nicky. Her jealousy was kind of funny. It became easier to ignore her as time went by.

Later that day after the introductions, Nicky and the other interns were taken to a nursery. It bred animals and grew plants from the four alien planets for consumption and research. They had learned a lot about the four alien planets known to humans. The animals and plants were truly fascinating. Nicky stared in horror at the fluorescent snake-like creature in the ammonium Nitrate aquarium. It swam around the glass enclosure with great speed. The host taught them about the various plant species. Nicy was the only one scribbling notes, the rest looked at her with amusement. It would bug her if she didn't remember the names of the species. Vaigan aliens had the most fascinating life forms, most of which were fluorescent. Vaigan was a huge planet, the biggest in the four alien planets. It made sense why they were small creatures with big eyes to look in the dark.They were cute from a human perspective but they could be quite mean if they didn't get their way.

The Canopusarian aliens were her favorite. They were polite, floating around in a thick cloud of smoke. Their planet did not have land mass, it only had gas and all the species developed in it. The Canopusarian aliens were somewhat human-like with four limbs, a head. But they could easily change form according to their wishes. In their planet they had a more defined shape, like a big sphere, on earth due to low atmospheric pressure they were more spread out.

Zeta aliens didn't have a nose, like earth amphibians they breathed through their skin.

The Canopusarian ambassador, Ghost, which was the name given by humans, walked around EAE without any fear. His food wasn't available on earth so EAE had to import it from Canopusarian. It was estimated that EAE spent the most on sustaining Ghost. But it didn't matter, EAE was the biggest organization on planet earth. Bigger than the UN. Countries all around the world contributed to the EAE.