Chapter-8

Dan

Dan sat opposite Shruti while she went through the reports. His headache had worsened in the last 24 hours, his cock had entered itself into the situation as well. There was no doubt what it was and why it was happening. The reports would just confirm his suspicion.

"Interesting," Shruti said, flipping the pages.

"What does it say?" Dan asked, keeping his voice calm even though he was anything but calm. His heart was racing like a mad horse. He had the kind of craving that could only be satiated when he would have his mate under him.

"HCl levels are nil, ethyl alcohol is 95% and 2% of a compound that I couldn't recognize. 3% were Somnote and valium together. Is this normal? This is not venomous at all."

Dan cursed under his breath. "No it is not," he growled. "It is anesthetic in nature."

"Is it what I think it is?" Shruti asked, giving him a pointed look.

"Yes, I am priming. Apparently humans have enough similarity to Grosh women to send me into a priming rut." He muttered more to himself than to Shruti.

"What?" Shruti asked, not hearing him.

"I am priming Shruti and the woman is Nicky." He snapped. He would admit he was attracted to Nicky even though she wasn't his type. It wouldn't be the first time he was attracted to a human female. But none of them had sent him into priming. Nicky was bad news, she had no idea what she would be dealing with. A Grosh male in a priming rut wasn't something any human female was capable of handling, let alone a tiny human female.

"How could a human send you into priming. It doesn't make sense."

"That's what I am thinking too. But now I have got a situation in hand I will have to deal with." Shruti looked at Dan with unsurity. "Should I be scared for her?" she asked, biting her lips.

"I don't know," Dan grunted, running his fingers through his hair. He had seen his brothers go crazy with priming rut. The Grosh female always handled the males well but what will a quivering human do? Not to mention Nicky probably hated him.

"Can you find what was in Nicky's DNA that triggered me to prime to her."

"Do you need me to tell her?"

"No!" Dan yelled. "She would freak out and flea. I can't have that. I need to..I need to make things right with her," he said looking up at the ceiling with despair.

"I don't think she will be very welcoming of your goodwill."

"Can you encourage me for once, Shruti?" Dan might have dug a deep hole for himself but he would figure out a way to get out of it too. Nicky found him attractive that's for sure. He had seen how she looked at him. It wasn't any different from how most of the women looked at him on earth but in this case he couldn't be more thankful to his Grosh genes.

"Are you really going to make her your mate?"

Dan thought about it for a second. He never really thought about having a mate, even though it was a major part of Grosh's life. His friends and family had started families but he had never felt the urge to have a mate. Now that he had one, he didn't feel disappointed. Nicky might be soft but she was a strong willed woman, much like the women of Grosh. If it was up to him maybe he wouldn't have chosen her, not because she was beautiful or anything but because he didn't want to overwhelm her by his masculine presence. Many human females believed in a distorted sense of ideology called Feminism. He was scared Nicky was one of those females. She was naturally more feminine yet he had seen how steadfast she was. She had worked hard to become independent, and having a man who would protect her like his queen would destroy her idea of feminism.

Priming was natural selection though. No one could deny the calling of nature once it came. Grosh's female or not, he would court her. His family might be hesitant to accept a human female as their queen but they would understand. He had lots of work to do but he would win her heart eventually.

His otherwise highly venomous retractable had milder compounds in it. Priming hormones caused his venom glands to secrete anesthetic levels of chemicals. The milder venom is used by Grosh males to counter their females. Grosh females are violent and they test their males on strength during priming. The process is called rut in Grosh. It is the first few times when the couple mates. Once the hormones go down to normal levels, the male gets his venom back and the female comes out of her heat. Dan doubted if Nicky felt the effects of female heat. His avath ached with the need to release it's venom into his mate's body. Women in Grosh fight and their mates are supposed to inject them with their anesthetic venom to calm them down. It makes them susceptible for sex. She doesn't lose her senses but her muscles get relaxed enough to go through the mating process without any trouble.

Dan touched his canines with his tongue and shivered. They have become sensitive.

He was scared for Nicky. She was a small human female and he was a full blooded Grosh male. Priming will make him bigger and hornier. Even though he had a lot of self-control he had never been in priming before. He had seen how violent male became during priming. He didn't want to hurt Nicky if he went into such a fit. He had to mate her before his mating instincts took over.

"I need to see Nicky," he said, sounding desperate.

"Your eyes are glowing," Shruti said with a look of shock.

Dan took a deep breath. Of course his eyes were glowing. They were mutating to find their mate in the dark if they chose to run away from them at night. "Fuck, earth is a bad place for a primed male." He cursed, rubbing his face.

"I'll call her, see if you can be nice to her for a change." Shruti mocked. She took the communication device and called Nicky.

Dan closed his eyes hearing the voice of his mate. He could feel his body shifting gears for the bonding to come. She would be his. Soon.