More Myths Revealed!

I woke up two times. The first time I did my body ached. But the second time I was fine. I sat up. I found myself in a bed. There was a curly blond girl next to me. She gave me a glass that had a drink that looked like apple juice. I sipped it through a straw and felt better instantly. It tasted like cold chocolate ice cream. I fell back into the pillow and looked at the girl's stormy gray eyes. I weakly smiled. She smiled back. I glanced to my right and saw Percy. He was sleeping. I smiled wide. Then I remembered what he shouted before I blacked out.

     "What happened?" I asked sitting up.

     "No no no you need to stay down and rest," she held my shoulder.

     "I'm fine," I shrugged her hand off. Then Grover walked in with a shoe box tucked under one arm and a shirt that said 'Camp Half Blood'. Finally! Someone I knew! He walked to my bedside.

     "Annabeth I'll take it from here," he muttered to her. She took one last glance at us and walked out.

     "So. I'm finally at Camp Half Blood," I muttered and sighed. "Anybody tell Percy yet?" I turned to Grover. He shook his head. "Hasn't been able to wake up for more than a minute?" I asked. He shook his head again. We waited for a few hours before Percy really woke up. Grover and I just stood in the back letting him take in his surroundings. When he tried to reach for the glass next to him it slid in his fingertips.

     "Careful," Grover said and walked up to his bed. I walked up to him too. He smiled weakly at me.

     "I heard what you said," I looked at the ground. My voice cracked. He took a sip of the liquid and fell back into the pillows.

     "Yeah. I thought I did move on. But I never did on the inside," he said taking my hand hesitantly. I squeezed lightly.(I know too mushy. But you'll see. Keep reading. It'll get better.) Percy's eyes fell on Grover. He still had the fake feet and jeans.

     "You saved my life. So... The least I could do... I went back to the hill. I got you this," he put the shoe box in Percy's lap. I let go of Percy's hand so he can open it. Inside was a horn. There was dried blood and the base was jagged.

     "That.... you killed it. That's the most powerful thing next to I don't know what," I looked at Grover.

     "The Minotaur," he muttered. I tensed. I looked to Grover.

      "What's after him?" I asked.

      "The Lord of the Dead and his bloodthirsty minions," Grover muttered. Hades. Lord of the Underworld. I breathed in and out deeply.

     "Our moms... are they really...?" I bit my finger and looked to Grover. He looked at the ground.

      "I'm sorry you guys. I'm a failure," he stomped his foot so hard that the shoe came off.

      "Oh Styx!" he muttered. Lightning went off in the distance.

      "Hey it wasn't your fault," Percy and I said.

      "Yes it was. I was supposed to protect you," Grover insisted.

      "Did my mother ask you?" Percy countered.

      "No. Percy I'm a keeper. Or I was. It's my job," Grover muttered.

     "But..." he seemed dazed.

     "Woah. Don't strain yourself. Here," Grover got the glass on the table and put the straw to his lips. He looked better and he finished the whole thing. I had a feeling I knew what the drink was called but I couldn't place my finger on it.

      "It tasted like chocolate chip cookies. My mom's homemade ones," he said. I smiled.

      "Come on. Chiron and Mr. D are waiting," Grover helped Percy up. We walked to the opposite side of the porch. I gasped at all the scenery.The landscape was dotted with buildings that looked like ancient Greek architecture-an open-air pavilion, an amphitheater, a circular arena-except that they all looked brand new, their white marble columns sparkling in the sun. Kids dressed in the orange camp shirts were chasing each other around. At the end of the porch there were two guys at a card table. The blond girl was leaning on the porch rail watching them play. The first guy I saw reminded me of Smelly Gabe instantly. He could've fit right in with his poker buddies. He had black/purple curly hair, a red nose, watery eyes... I could sense power radiating from him. I could literally see a faint purple aura outlining his figure. He wore a tiger patterened shirt. Grover was very jittery.

      "That's Mr. D. Be nice. The girl is Annabeth Chase. She's a camper but she's been here longer than anybody else. And you already know Chiron..." Grover gestured to all three people. At first I only saw the wheel chair. Then I recognized the beard, the leather jacket he always wore...

     "Mr. Brunner!" Percy and I shouted. Chiron looked looked at us and smiled.

     "Ah good Percy. Now we have four for pinochle!" he motioned for Percy to sit at the card table. Percy just stood. I shoved him lightly to the table. He sat to the right of Mr. D. He sighed.

     "I guess I have to say it. Welcome to Camp Half Blood. Now don't expect me to be happy you're here," he grumbled while started shuffling the cards across from him. I started to not like him.

     "Annabeth?" Chiron called for the blonde girl. She came down. "Percy, Claira. This is the young lady that nursed both of you back to health," he introduced us. She had this athletic body and was a couple inches taller than me. I figured she was twelve. She had the curly blonde hair of a princess. But the most startling thing was her grey eyes. Those stormy grey eyes looked like they were analyzing Percy and me thinking of I don't know what... combat. "Annabeth could you get their bunks ready? They'll be staying at cabin eleven for now," he said. He almost sounded sad when he said we'll be staying at cabin eleven. She nodded and glanced at the Minotaur horn in Percy's hand.

     "You drool when you sleep," she said to Percy then turned around and ran toward I guess cabin eleven. (Yes guys I had to add that part) 

     "So you uh work here Mr. Brunner?" he asked Chiron or at least that's what Grover called him.

     "Chiron. I'm afraid that was a cover up," Chiron answered. Then Percy turned to Mr. D.

     "Mr. D... does that stand for something?" he asked the I'm pretty sure powerful purple aura guy. He stopped shuffling the cards and looked at Percy.

     "Young man names are powerful things. You can't go around saying them randomly," Mr. D warned. I shot Percy a look.

     "Oh. Yeah. Sorry," he said in a very choppy voice. Chiron told us all about him feeling Percy and I's powerful aura and all that and how he decided to teach us as a latin teacher. And Chiron told Percy and explained that the Greek gods were real and in the USA. Then since Percy kept bugging Mr.D about who he was I figured it out for him. I leaned to his ear.

     "He's Dionysus," I whispered. "Don't make me do it again," I said harshly. But I didn't mention the faint aura around him though. Then Percy asked who Chiron was and who he was after Mr. D and Grover left. Then Chiron rose from his wheelchair. He was a centaur. From the waist down he was a beautiful white stallion.

     "I knew it! You're the Chiron!" I yelled. My former Latin teacher smiled at me.

      "Very smart my dear. Yes I am. The trainer of heroes. Yes. Now come along. Let me introduce you to some other campers," Chiron said.