Revenge of the Pre Algebra Teacher

I didn't have anything to pack but the camp store offered me a red and black plaid backpack. It is fire resistant and can come back to me at anytime on my back unharmed if I snap my fingers and think about it. They also offered me extra clothes, twenty drachmas, and some emergency ambrosia and nectar for when we are really hurt. The others had the mortal money. Percy and I waved goodbye to the campers. But then Katie Gardener ran up to me.

     "Hey Katie," I said. She looked to the rest of the campers. They nodded.

     "Everybody agrees. We want you to show your powers," she said eagerly.

     "What? The only powers I know is Demeter's healing magic for plants. Might have some wind in there I don't know about water either. Why?" I asked.

     "You are a millionth after all," Katie answered. I looked behind me. Percy was standing there expectant.

     "You are my little sis. Show me what you got," he smirked. I rolled my eyes. Then I closed them. I wanted to try the wind since I know I can control it. I imagined the wind to be visible to me. Then I channelled power to my hands that would allow me to bend the wind/air to my will. Suddenly warm comforting wind swirled around me lifting my loose hair. I imagined the wind going around everyone. Then I called on water. I felt that familiar tug the moment I thought about using water. I put my hands toward the creek. I 'grabbed' water and lifted it all above our heads. I opened my eyes to see the water swirling around in a worm like shape. I joined my hands together bringing the water into a ball. Then I separated my hands making the water mist and showering us. The wind that's been softly waiting for direction swirls me. I ease it down and sent a soft breeze toward all the campers and whispered three words. 'Wish us luck,' the air around us said. Then there was silence. I let out a huge breath.

     "Luck," I heard everybody say. I smiled. Then Percy was at my side.

     "Not bad sis. Not bad," he said.

     "Like you could do better," I muttered. I heard chuckles from some people. I felt a little tired. But if I sneak a step into the creek I'll be fine. Luke came up to us with a shoe box in his hand.

     "Hey guys. Just coming to say good bye. I also have a present that could be useful," he uncovered the shoe box revealing black and white air Jordans (don't judge. I can make it whatever I want) "Maia!" Luke said. The heels of the shoes sprouted wings. They tried fluttering a little in the box but no good. The wings disappeared. Luke gave Percy a nice bro talk about killing monsters for him and all that. Then Luke gave Annabeth a goodbye hug. So sweet. But Annabeth almost fainted. He hugged me too. He shook hands with Percy and Grover. He was about to leave but I had that sudden feeling again. 'Luke Castellan.' I saw him turn around. 'Beware. Make wise choices. Remember that night.' (If you've read the Demigod Diaries you know what I'm talking about. You know the chapter when Luke and Thalia meet Annabeth. And the dude in green and stuff...) He had a shocked face.

     "Clair what are you talking about?" I hear Percy start to worry. I feel myself lift a finger and point at Luke. 'He knows.' Then the feeling went away. I blinked a couple times. I put a hand to my temple. It ached. I looked at everybody. They were confused but Luke was straight up scared.

     "Luke what is she talking about?" Annabeth asks. Then someone called Luke. He came back to his senses and waved to us and left. Percy and Annabeth look at me confused but Grover is jittery. Anyway Percy decided to give the shoes to Grover. He took them and put them over his fake feet. He tested them out. Almost fell right out of the air. Chiron was there and said that it took practice. Grover did get down in the end. Then Annabeth and Grover went to the van that Argus would be driving. Chiron took Percy and I aside. He gave me a very special pen. I smiled the moment I saw it.