We Make a Waterfall

We walked around camp with Chiron as our guide. We were introduced to the strawberry fields, the forest filled with... more myths, and the cabins. That is all I remember. And while we were walking kids were staring at us as if we were bombs or famous. Probably famous bombs. The cabins were so different. They stood for the twelve olympians. I could distinctly make out each god or goddess. There was also a fire pit where a young girl was tending to the flames. I wanted to walk up to her but the tour was moving and I didn't want to get lost. When we reached what looked like the Poseidon cabin Percy looked in there. He got into trouble by Chiron but not too much trouble. We reached cabin eleven. Hermes. It had his caduceus. Annabeth the blond girl was sitting outside reading a Greek book. Like literal Greek. Chiron left us to her. Annabeth stood up. She told us to go inside. Percy just stood in the doorway.

     "What are you waiting for?" Annabeth and I said in unison. Then he gracefully tripped into the cabin. I sighed with Annabeth. What were we sisters? I glanced at her. She was looking at me. The corners of her lips twitched almost into a smile. Almost. But then her expression hardened. After Percy's graceful trip the Hermes kids were snickering. Then a dude at what looked like the age of nineteen came up.

     "Regular or undetermined?" a random guy asked.

     "Undetermined," Annabeth replied. Everyone groaned. The nineteen year old just acted polite and showed us to our spot in the cabin. Annabeth's expression softened when she looked at the guy. He had a scar running from his eye down his cheek. "This is Luke," Annabeth's cheeks actually reddened. But then her expression hardened again. "He'll be your counselor until you are determined," she said.

      "How long will that take?" Percy asked stupidly. I knew enough to just shut up and roll my eyes. Everyone else laughed.

      "Come on Percy I'll show you the volleyball court," she grabbed his arm.

      "But we already saw it," he said.

      "Just shut up and come on," Annabeth and I demanded. She dragged him out of the laughing cabin.

      "I thought you were better than that Jackson," Annabeth mumbled. They started to get into an information fight. Annabeth had to explain that monsters never die. They just go away and reform. She also talks about how everybody at this camp has always dreamed of defeating the Minotaur. Then when Percy asked about his father and the empty Zeus, Hera and Poseidon cabins Annabeth started to explain to Percy what a demigod is. I was finally relieved that he would finally understand our... condition. Then a buff girl came over. Annabeth told her to leave but she wouldn't. Then Percy started to get in her face. He got himself into some trouble there. The girl Annabeth called her Clarisse dragged Percy to the bathrooms. I stood in the doorway infuriated. No. Not gonna happen sister.The Ares kids were about to dunk his face in the toilet water when I had this tugging feeling in my gut. I could literally feel the water in the pipes move toward the toilet Percy's at. Then the toilet exploded with water. The stream made an arc to the Ares kids only. I could feel the tugging getting stronger. I wasn't doing anything but leaning into the door frame. The Ares kids burst outside but the water wasn't finished yet. I held up my hand a little. The water bent to my will attacking the Ares kids. I smiled. Then I held up both hands and lowered them and broke them apart making the water turn into mist and disappear. Annabeth's mouth was open. Percy limped out. I looked at him.

     "It was like-"

     "-I could feel the water," I finished his sentence. "The tugging feeling?" I asked. He nodded. I looked to Annabeth. She was thinking. She mentioned she was a daughter of Athena. To me anyway. She didn't seem to like Percy just yet. Of course she was thinking. I asked her of what.

      "I'm thinking that I want you both on my team on Capture the Flag this friday," she cracked a small smile.