Quest Time!

We moved into cabin three the next morning. There was tons of space. I was happy about that. The Hermes kids were kind of annoying. We got to sleep whenever or the correct term is 'lights out'. But it was lonely. Percy was my only company at night and morning and the rest of the day. Even if the bathroom isn't crowded or my bunk was nice it was sad. Percy and I always woke up to a good morning but we both knew one thing: being awake is a miracle. Waking up everyday when you're a child of Poseidon is a blessing because you could be dead in a snap the moment you step over the boundary line. Well talk about the silent treatment. It was horrible. The campers ignore us and shoot nasty glances at us and I know they talk behind our backs. We walked side by side everyday going to Ancient Greek with Annabeth. She seemed distracted. Every time it was over she went off muttering under her breath. Then we would plod off to Luke's classes. He trained us harder than ever. I just gave up. I couldn't help but feel like this could be the feeling of depression. Near the end I always seperate from Percy and go to the canoe lake. I just jump in. Sometimes I'm joined by my half brother but most of the time I'm left to my solitude. Percy is taking the depression better than I am. What used to be the happy, bubbly fun me is the shell of a girl who is so quiet and down and well... depressed. I found that I can breathe underwater and stay dry so nobody suspects. One night Percy found a mortal newspaper on his bed. The headline... well let's just say it wasn't a good sign:

BOY AND MOTHER STILL MISSING AFTER FREAK CAR ACCIDENT. He crumpled it up and threw it in the trash. Then I was woken up by his scream from a dream. Regular demigods have... well visions rather than dreams. They usually see things happening somewhere in the world. But I was different. I have normal dreams as normal as they get. There was a storm outside when we woke up. And there was knocking at the door. I got up and opened it. It was Grover.

     "Can we help you?" I asked tiredly.

     "Mr. D wants to see you two," he said as if I was a hardcore trouble maker. I never was! Percy is. Anyway I dressed in the orange camp shirt and flares. I put on red converse on my right foot and black for my left. I combed my long silky black hair with the silver streak on my right side and put it in a high ponytail. Percy just stared at me. 'Thanks a lot Aphrodite for making me effortlessly pretty,' I thought. 'I meant that too,' I thought so I wouldn't get zapped. We walked to the Big House. Chiron, Mr.D and two invisible things were playing pinochle.

     "Well well. Our little celebrities," Mr. D said without looking up. He played a card and then looked at us. He said he really wanted to kill us so the matter would pass. But thunder rumbled. At least I knew our father cared about us. But Dionysus left the explaining to Chiron. He said that if we were still here by the time he got back from the meeting on Olympus he would turn us into dolphins. He got a security pass from twisting a card and disappeared leaving behind the scent of grapes and wine. Ok? Mr. D barely explained anything. Chiron looked at us.

     "Claira what did you feel like when the hellhound came?" Chiron asked.

     "Scared to death," I sighed.

      "You'll face worse after you're done," Chiron said.

     "Done with... what?" Percy asked.

     "Your quest. Will you accept?" Chiron asked. Percy and I exchanged a look.

     "Uh. But you haven't told us what it is yet," Percy and I say. Chiron sighs.

     "That's the hardest part. The details," he admits.

     "Something was stolen. Something valuable," Percy says. Then Percy had to explain about the weather change, people mentioning theft and of course his dreams. Chiron goes through the whole explanation on what was missing: a lightning bolt more specifically Zeus's master bolt. He told us about Zeus suspecting one of us especially Percy to have stolen his master bolt. And I could see the reasoning although we could potentially start a war if we didn't get the bolt to him by the summer solstice. We accepted. Percy went to see the Oracle. And then I had this sudden feeling. I almost fell over but Grover caught me. Words started to flow to my head. Words I've never thought of. Then they came loud and clear.

You shall go west and face the god who has turned

You shall find what was stolen and see it safely returned

You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend

And you shall fail to save what matters most in the end

I blinked a couple times. I was conscious for everything I said. But my voice... was not my voice. It felt like something just spoke through me. I placed my hand over my eyes and then put it down.

     "What just happened?" I turned to Grover.

     "You just..." he turned to Chiron.

     "Yes. Just as I suspected," he mumbled stroking his beard.

     "What? I don't remember everything just bits and pieces. Wait. Did I just-" Percy walked back over to us. I put my hand over my mouth so I wouldn't have another outburst. Percy noticed. I put my hand down again.

     "What did the Oracle say Percy? And say all of it," Chiron said.

     "We'll go west-"

     "Oh shoot!" I turned away and walked a little away from the pinochle table. I heard Percy ask what was wrong. Grover said 'nothing' a little too fast. I sighed and walked back over to them. He started explaining the prophecy. But he left out the friend betrayal thing and the failing thing too. I wanted to speak so bad. We figured out that we had to go to LA to Hades. Percy was crazy to suggest a plane ride. We would be blasted to pieces. When he finished Chiron asked him who should go. He said three is the best number for quests. Grover went because he needed to go on a quest to get his searcher's licence what ever that is.

     "And the other person volunteered. All you need to do is accept her help," Chiron said.

     "Gee. Wonder who would be stupid enough to volunteer for a quest like this," Percy said sarcastically. I counted down from three with my fingers then pointed behind Chiron. The air shimmered and Annabeth put her Yankees cap in her pocket.

      "I've been waiting a long time for a quest Seaweed Brain. Athena's no fan of Poseidon but if you're going on a quest to save the world then I'm one of the best people that will keep you from messing up," she said. "Your sister is the best person there is for you to keep you from messing up," she smirked.

     "Well I guess I'm not going. Three is the best number right?" I asked. Chiron only shook his head.

     "You are able to go Claira," he said. I looked at him confused. "How do I say this? You're a millionth," Chiron said.

     "...thanks?" I asked more than said.

     "To make it clearer you are the two millionth child of one of the Big Three," Chiron said.

     "Explain,"

     "Basically demigods like you have all the powers of literally all of the gods and goddesses. So you said Demeter, Apollo and Ares. You would also have everybody else. I don't want to say names. There are way too many," Grover explained.

      "I thought there were only twelve Olympian gods and goddesses," Percy said.

     "They're also minor gods and goddesses Percy. Don't be stupid," Annabeth and I said. I looked at her.

     "You know we gotta stop doing that," I told her. She only shrugged. "Anyway how would this help me go on the quest?" I turned to Chiron.

     "If you are a millionth then you have a very small aura. It is not as strong as normal Big Three demigods. It is so small that you can have four on a quest. Millionths are very helpful, smart and can come in handy on quests. Yes it is surprising that the children with the most powers ever has a small aura. But that is how this nature works," Chiron explained much more clearly.

    "Well sis? You coming?" Percy asked with a hand on my shoulder. I turned to all three of them. I had a serious face. Then I broke into a smile.

    "You need all the help you can get kelp for brains. I'm in,"