1 | Hogwarts Express

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ 

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ 

❝The more languages you know, the more you are a person.❞

"Isabelle!" A shout from downstairs was heard. Clearly, the middle-aged woman was getting angrier, she only called her daughter 'Isabelle' when shit was about to happen.

"Dear-" Isabelle mumbled as she tripped over her suitcase.

Many asserted 'Clumsy' was her middle name instead of Fleur. She got that name from her mother's friend from school. The two women were still best friends, no matter how time flew.

"I'm ready!" the girl shouted back, grabbing her suitcase. She turned to face her owl. "Come, Seb," she told him, and the owl flew to her shoulder.

He was the perfect owl she could wish for. He had been with her since her very first year at Hogwarts. The girl's seventh year began that beautiful day.

She glanced in the mirror for the last time and sent her reflection a pleased smile. She ran through her hair with the fingers of her free hand, loosening her brown curls which ended in lighter ombre colour, in order to give the curls a more natural impression. She was glad that she decided to dye her hair at the beginning of summer, it zinged up her appearance. She was content with her look, but still not too cocky, and she didn't let anyone influence that.

Mallory, her mother, was already outside, standing next to the car with crossed arms, tapping with her toes, showing that she was getting annoyed at her daughter who still wasn't ready. "Thank Merlin, you're finally ready," she mumbled as the girl stepped out of the house, and she sat in the car.

Isabelle rolled her eyes and sat in the driving seat. She could officially drive, because she finally got her driving license that summer.

The traffic was horrible, but she wasn't surprised, thinking that not only wizard kids went to school that day. She was humming a random song's melody quietly while listening to her mother's lecture about what she should and shouldn't do in school that year.

"And don't forget to-"

"Brush my teeth every morning and evening," she finished her mother's sentence in a monotone tone. "Mother, you tell me these every year. Besides, I'm seventeen, I think I remember to do those things," she sent her a smile after the woman narrowed her eyes at her.

Eventually, she let out a sigh. "Honey, I just want to make sure that you'll be okay."

"I will. Quit worrying before you become lined," she joked and laughed when her mother slapped her arm, however, a grin crept on Mallory's face too.

They stopped and parked the car near King's Cross. They took her stuff out of the boot and began walking speedily, although they weren't too late.

"Izzy!" She heard a loud cry when they ran through the wall and faced platform 9 and 3/4. Just a second later, she found herself on the floor, with a body on top of her. She silently thanked Merlin that she handed her stuff to her mother seconds ago to bind her shoelaces.