3 | King and Queen of Narnia

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛♕ ♛  

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛♕ ♛  

❝Knowledge is power.❞

It had been almost four months since Isabelle arrived in Narnia. She hated to admit it, but she actually enjoyed being there. Sometimes she even forgot that it wasn't real, and she wasn't a part of the story. She missed her friends, Scorpius and Albus, a lot though. It was already a hell for the girl that they didn't meet the whole summer, so it was just really hard for her without them.

The girl was truly happy when she saw that her phone worked in Narnia. It didn't work in Hogwarts, she had no idea why, so she was really surprised when its screen brightened after she wanted to remove it from her suitcase. And another surprise was that the battery didn't die after a week. In fact, it froze. She thought that it was maybe because of the time complication. Thanks to this, she could listen to music all the time.

She looked up from her book when she heard the people outside getting louder and louder. It wasn't unusual in the ship, but that time, the cacophony was different. She put down the book 'Lady Midnight' by Cassandra Clare with a sigh. She was one of her favourite authors, her books were phenomenal. Isabelle had always been a complete bookworm, everyone had noticed it from the Narnians, so they didn't even bother her when she was reading, and she was extremely grateful for that.

"Behold our castaways, Edmund the Just and Lucy the Valiant, High King and Queen of Narnia." She heard Caspian as she was walking and instantly panicked.

"Shit," she muttered. She was less than not ready to meet them. No, totally not prepared. She thought they would have found a way to send her home by the time the ancient royals, plus their cousin, arrive, and she would have been long gone by then. As she panicked, she stumbled and almost fell. Luckily, the wall was next to her, so she could reclaim her balance easily. She walked out with her head up high, trying to hide the misery she felt at that moment. "Your Majesties," she bowed as she approached the two monarchs of the Golden Age. Her voice showed confidence and firmness, although she was simply hiding her unsteadiness. She had no idea how to behave in their company.

"Hello, mannerly Lady. Who are you?" the other girl asked kindly, who was none other than Lucy Pevensie.

"My name is Isabelle, but call me Izzy," she gave her a faint smile and tried not to look at her brother as she remembered how huge crush she had on the Pevensie brothers. On both of them. "I know who you are," she cut Lucy off before she even had a chance to introduce themselves.

"How?" Edmund asked, which drew Isabelle's attention to him. He was looking at her with uncertainty, like he didn't believe her or trusted her, but actually, she didn't blame him.

"She is not from Narnia. Well, not from your world either," Caspian replied, and Isabelle looked away from Edmund after she felt slightly embarrassed from staring at the boy for too long. She thought he was as good-looking as in the movies, even more.