26 | Memories

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

First impressions are the most lasting.❞

You never said I'm leaving
You never said goodbye.
You were gone before I knew it,
And only God knew why.

A million times I needed you,
A million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place,
That no one could ever fill.

It broke my heart to lose you,
But you didn't go alone
For part of me went with you,
The day God took you home.

"We are here today to say goodbye to a beautiful and bright young soul, Isabelle Fleur Karkaroff, who was a victim of a train accident." the priest stated as he stood next to the coffin of the woman.

A week had elapsed since the certain train accident which ended the young woman's life and injured many. As luck would have it, the only death was Isabelle Karkaroff's. The young girl, who the witch meant to save, was alright, besides she was freaked out by the effect of the accident. She was only a child, but she understood that Isabelle had saved her. She was absent-minded, and the witch paid the price of that. She was incredibly lucky and grateful.

Among the people who attended, stood Eric Shenpard, the man who once broke her heart. He tried his best to hide from everyone, but Scorpius saw him from the corner of his eyes. He had noticed how Eric's hands were shaking, and he was looking down, trying to hold his tears back. Scorpius wasn't the only Malfoy who spotted the man. At the sight of him, Draco gulped. He was in his place, hiding in the shadows and fighting the crying, right when the funeral of Fred Weasley took place. He somehow felt responsible and guilty about his death.

Eric's mind was elsewhere. He was thinking about the things he and Isabelle did together while they dated. The happy moments made him want to cry even more. He hurt her. And he knew that very well. He actually felt something at the end, not love, but something strong towards the girl, but his reputation was more important. And after they left school, he was old enough to know better, and he realised that he was an idiot and shouldn't have done the things he did. "I'm sorry, Belle," he said in his mind as he swallowed his tears.

The priest continued his speech and prayers, but no guest had paid attention. They all were busy with their thoughts. More exactly, with flashes of memories.

Corinne saw a little girl running around her, while the woman played the piano, the little one asking for another and another song. The girl had pigtails, roundish childlike face, huge brown eyes which reminded everyone of a doe, a smile ear to ear, and she wore a baby blue dress with ponies in it. She suddenly tripped over her leg and fell to the ground. A hint of fear struck the playing Corinne, but the little girl sprang up within a second and continued running. The woman shook her head with a warm smile and resumed playing. She also saw herself with Isabelle in her arms. The first time she held her after her birth. She was barely clean, but that didn't concern Corinne. She was smiling down at the baby, while the ten-year-old Nancy stood next to her and was tugging her shirt, asking her to bend down a little so she can see her little sister.