epilogue

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

❝A good beginning makes a good ending.❞

The dark room only had the opened window as the source of light. The orange and pink lights of the sunset wandered in the objects and walls of the place. The lights playfully danced as the wind was blowing the curtains, creating shadows all around the room.

In the middle of the darkness, sat a young woman, Isabelle Karkaroff. She was sitting with her cello between her legs, eyes closed as the bow gently ran through the strings again and again. The sound of it pleased her ears, and she felt nothing but peace. Right beside the bed, a coffee table stood with a cage on top of it. Its door was wide open, and a beautiful snowy owl was sleeping in it. Sebastian, who never ever left the side of his owner, fell asleep by the heavenly sounds coming from the direction of the young woman.

The ruler of the Golden Age of Narnia, the Just King, in better-known name, Edmund Pevensie, stood in the doorway in silence. He had a tender smile on his face as he watched the love of his life. He had always admired the way the female played from the moment he caught her playing the piano for the first time in Narnia, more exactly, in the mansion of the magician, Coriakin. The emotion she was playing with held Edmund spellbound. The way she closed her eyes and puckered her brows a little when concentrating made him smile. A wave of wind sent a mop of her flying, and Edmund found himself barely breathing.

She was beautiful.

In his eyes, the girl truly was a masterpiece of God. A talented, kind, funny, most importantly, breathtaking one. He was convinced that he didn't deserve her. He was far from nice to her back in their adventure in Narnia and did everything to cause a fight between them, and all she did during those was stay playful and kind. Honestly, he never meant to treat her so harshly, but his mistrust led him to that. He was more than grateful for her forgiveness when they decided to lay aside their wrangling. And he couldn't even imagine how could she love him. In his opinion, she was too precious to him.

"Staring, are we?" The chirpy voice of Isabelle drew him out of his wonder.

His attention was back on the female, who still sat on the chair with the cello in her hand. The big difference was that she was watching him with a huge grin on her face. A grin which Edmund had barely seen her without. The dimples on her face made her even cuter, and he was fighting back a grin too as he was looking at her. "I'm not staring, I'm gazing," he told her with an impish smile and entered the room.

"Makes a huge difference," she replied with an eye roll, and she placed carefully the instrument on her bed. "So," she stepped in front of Edmund, "what do I owe your late visit?" She folded her hands at the back of his neck.

Edmund had noticed the shaking of her hands as soon as they reunited, but that did not change any of his feelings, but anytime he held her hands, he placed a kiss on the shaking members.