17 | Bloom

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

❝Actions speak louder than words.❞

"We are going to sleep on the ship, then we will sail at dawn," Caspian said to Drinian, who simply nodded and commanded the Narnians to go back to the ship.

Isabelle glanced at the dark night sky and acknowledged that it would have been impossible for the crew to go back to the ship without tripping in branches. "Lumos Maxima," she whispered, sending a bright ball of light upon them.

"Amazing." She heard Lucy's amused voice near her, which caused the witch to smile.

"I see you didn't get into trouble. My buddy Seb is a good babysitter then." She patted Eustace's arm as they arrived at the ship. Her owl flew around her figure joyfully and sat on top of her head. "Nox," she made the light disappear after all the Narnians came back, and they didn't need the light anymore.

They all went to rest, preparing themselves for the next day, and Isabelle really tried to get some sleep, or at least a little rest, but she was too nervous to even close her eyes for seconds. She remembered that nobody got hurt during the fight that was coming, but she didn't know what to think anymore. With her in the story, the plot could have changed completely, and that worried her. Isabelle didn't want anyone to get injured, and especially not because of her.

The girl got up from her bed and got dressed when she realised that she wouldn't get any sleep. She wanted to drink a cup of coffee so bad, but there was no coffee near her, to her sorrow. She figured out that fresh air could help her mood, so she went out to the deck and leaned against the wooden edge of the ship. She looked down at her hand, more exactly to the bracelet which Albus made her. A tender smile crept across her face from the childhood memories. She still missed them dearly.

A voice brought her back to reality. "I always catch you, princess. I see you can't sleep either."

The nickname brought a wider smile to her face. He had been calling her 'princess' since Caspian found her notebook. "Not really," she shook her head, looking at Edmund. She couldn't sleep anyway, but he didn't need to know that.

"Are you scared?" he asked as he walked beside her, mirroring her position.

"I wouldn't say scared. But I'm definitely not looking forward to, uh, participate in tomorrow." Isabelle sighed. "I guess you could say the same thing about you."

"Right. I am worried. I don't want any misadventures on that island, but I think we already know that it is quite impossible to succeed with no difficulty," he said a bit sadly. As he spoke, Isabelle felt a light breeze on her skin, and the weather got colder within a minute. "I think we should head back. It's getting cold," Edmund suggested after he noticed that Isabelle was slightly shivering.