2 | Unexpected

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛♕ ♛ 

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛♕ ♛ 

❝The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.❞

Isabelle opened her eyes and immediately closed them after the salty water grazed her eyeballs. Fear ran through her body as soon as she realised where she was. She was in a sea, meters under the surface. The girl held her breath back as she started swimming up. The dark brown eyes widened when she looked around when she finally could breathe after coughing up the water she swallowed, and she tried to swim faster which was nearly impossible from the shock and panic she felt. There was a huge ship in front of her, and all she could see was a dragon forecastle before she turned away and swam to the other direction.

"Man overboard!" Isabelle heard someone shout, and a loud splash followed it, which made her fear increase, and she quickened her tempo.

The man who jumped into the water tried to grab her when he was close enough to the girl, but she kicked him in his stomach and tried to create distance. "You are okay, I am here to help," he told her.

The witch accepted his help in the end. The reason was that the longer she thought about it the more impossible it seemed to her to stay in the water. She saw no island or any terrestrial, the only thing her eyes found was the big ship.

As soon as her feet grazed the ground, she looked around to face only men and different creatures. They were all staring at her. Clumsy she was, with only one step, she tripped and landed on the ground.

"Where am I?" she asked in a harsh tone as she looked up to everyone around her swiftly, but she only used that tone because she tried to hide her affright.

"You are on the Dawn Treader, the finest ship in Narnia's navy," a creature replied. A huge creature. It took Isabelle not so long to realise what that was. A minotaur. She gasped and tried not to faint. Of course, she had never doubted their existence, the wizarding world never runs out of surprises, but her heart skipped a beat as her eyes met the minotaur's figure.

The girl frowned, realising what the minotaur said. "No, I'm not," she denied. The only thing in her mind was that Narnia was only a story for children, not reality. She saw a man trying to pull out her wand from her boots. "Touch it and I'll cut your dong off!" she threatened him. She felt relieved that the wand didn't end up in the water and thanked herself that she had always put a protection spell on it before she hid it in her boots.

The man backed away from her with his hands up, while Isabelle stood up, looked around and noticed that the ship and everyone on it looked too familiar to her. It looked the same as in the third movie of 'The Chronicles of Narnia'. She was more than confused.

"So, I am in Narnia?" she asked with her brows furrowed. She remembered watching the movies when she was very young. She was obsessed with the story and wanted to read the books too, but her mother didn't buy them for her, and the library she worked at didn't have them.