27 | Afterlife

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛

❝All things come to those who wait.❞

"Good morning, sunshine," Ivan Karkaroff greeted his daughter when the girl, well, the young woman, appeared in the garden of their house.

A faint but tired smile crept on her face. "Morning, dad," her soft morning voice was barely audible between the twittering of the birds.

"How are you? Did you get any sleep?" the man asked as concerned as possible.

Isabelle had spent a week in Heaven, and her father clearly noticed her disorder. He asked her about her sleep every morning.

"It's getting better, don't worry." Isabelle smiled reassuringly, and this time, she spoke the truth. Since she was there, with her family, her condition got better. The only thing which was the same was the shaking of her hands. But she didn't really care. She was with her family after all those difficult years.

Her father narrowed his eyes and observed her facial expression. He eventually was assured that the girl had told him the truth. "I hope so. Your mother told me how you suffered for so many years."

"It's nothing mum and I couldn't have handled," Isabelle shrugged.

"I know," her father replied. "They are quite pretty, aren't they?" he asked after he noticed his daughter admiring the flowers in front of them.

"They are beautiful," Isabelle nodded while she ran her fingers through the petals of a rose.

"Roses have always been my favourite flowers," Ivan stated with an affectionate smile. "Very lovely ones."

"Same. And they have so much to say. They aren't just some random flowers which you can bring to a date night. No, every colour has its meaning," Isabelle added. "Their meanings have always interested me. I know it sounds weird, but I wonder if they put me to rest with roses, I mean, everyone knew they were my favourites."

"Yes, you are right. It really sounds weird," he responded with a chuckle.

The two admired the beautiful garden for minutes after that, when they heard clashing branches near at hand. A second later, Isabelle found herself on the ground with something heavy and furry on her.

"Reepicheep!" she exclaimed gladly when she could finally see who it was.

"I didn't believe that you were here at first. But then I heard that chirping voice of yours. I am so happy to see you!"

A wide grin was ruling the face of her. "So am I."

"There is someone else you might want to see."

As he said that, a man stepped out of the shadows of the roses. "Caspian!" Isabelle nearly deafened the whole neighbourhood after she saw the king and within a second, she jumped on him, hanging on him, putting her legs around his waist, like a little girl.