5. Usisi

C H A P T E R  F I V E
' Usisi '
Sister

Zoya stepped off of the dreaded ship she had been on for hours

Zoya stepped off of the dreaded ship she had been on for hours. Her feet were weak from hardly moving. The first thing she noticed when the platform of the plane had split open was Ramonda and Shuri standing near the runway, in company with them was the Dora Miljae.

"Zoya it is good to see you again, but may I ask why are you here? Where are T'Challa and T'Chaka?" Ramonda asked nervousness dripped from her voice like honey.

"I am afraid I have bad news My Queen. T'Chaka has been in an accident. The United Nations building has been bombed. He has passed to the lands of the ancestors."

Ramonda let out a soft whimper as tears escaped her soft brown eyes. Shuri stood in shock silently praying that her brother was alright, while she mourned her father. "Is my brother alright?" She asked hurriedly. "Yes, T'Challa is fine, he has gone after the man who has killed your father. He asked of me to send the news to Wakanda. I shall stay here with Imani until he comes home."

Ramonda stepped forward and embraced the small girl, "Thank you for telling us dear, I shall enjoy your company while we grieve." Zoya hugged the queen back, relishing in the comfort. "It is not an issue Queen Ramonda, if you excuse me I need to wake up Imani. I assume my room is in the same place, correct?"

She nodded, before Zoya left to collect her clothes and personal belongings. Imani sat in the corner of the ship her head resting on the small wooden table. Zoya quickly shook Imani's shoulder. "Imani we are here. Wake up." Imani turned her head the other way. "Five more minutes." Her head than quickly sat up. "Sorry Zoya, I thought you were someone else." She quickly lifted her arms above her head stretching them out.

"Come, I will show you to your room." Zoya had missed the golden sunsets and large stone pathways. They strolled through the blazing sun until she was met with a large archway and door. Four large doors stood on this platform. One for T'Challa, his door was a shiny marble color with large ivy palms growing on the outside of it.

Next was Ramonda's, her door had multiple feathers hanging from the door and several flowers bloomed over the door.

Shuri had multiple gadgets surrounding her door, this included multiple mechanical panthers that moved robotically around her door, which Zoya had to admit where cool. Once her and Imani stood near the bland door Zoya pulled it open. It was just as she left it. Large curtains overlooked a window seat with multiple books scattered across the room. Many dried flowers stood in a vase and petals littered the ground.

"This is my bedroom, yours can be down the hall Imani." Zoya pointed to the guest room as her hand ran around the silk sheets of her bed. She missed this place. "You can go back to sleep, I'll be gone for a bit. I'm going to go exploring."

Zoya pulled her flowered shawl closer to her body. She slid from the door seconds later and made her way to the jungle, just passed the market. The trail was still familiar in her mind.

She reached the carved trunk and smiled. At last, the tree house was finally in her vision. She quickly climbed the stairs and let in a big inhale. Her nose tickled as dust made its way into her lungs. Obviously T'Challa hasn't been here in a long time. The chairs in the house were dusty and the floating fairy lights were turned off. Zoya ignored the fact that the tree house was deserted and went to sit on the balcony.

She sat there for a while staring at the colorful birds and watching the mothers feed their babies. She listened in to the peaceful jungle as she shut her eyes. But when a twig snapped that grasped the girls attention. Heavy weight had caused it to snap; not nearly heavy enough to be a song bird.

Zoya's eyes scanned around the area searching for the source of the sound. Quietly she shifted to a crouch ready to spring, but before she could a large force slammed into her back. A roar rippled through her ears as she flipped herself over staring at the large cat pinning her down.

"Aphiwe get off you big oaf!" The panther yipped childishly and licked her cheek. The panther was reaching its time. She probably only had about 5 years to live which saddened Zoya greatly. The cat moved her large paws from the small girl and sat down beside her. "Wanna go to Shuri's lab with me, girl? I can pick you up some antelope, I know that's better than the things you eat here." Aphiwe yipped again and stood stretching, arching her back.

Zoya brushed her hand against the sleek panthers fur. "I missed you my friend." She sunk down to the panther and hugged her neck. "Let's go to Shuri."

AUTHORS NOTE

Pretty short chapter I know, but more of a filler until T'Challa comes back... so.  You liking the story so far?

~June ❤☀️