11. Ukuhamba

C H A P T E R  E L E V E N
' Ukuhamba '
' Leave '

Zoya's eyes split open and widened in fear as soon as she regained consciousness

Zoya's eyes split open and widened in fear as soon as she regained consciousness. She had never been here before. She observed that she was in a van. A woman and two men stood, watching the news from a projector in the vehicle, her stomach began to drop in nervousness.

Zoya shut her eyes, making it look like she was asleep so she could think of a plan of how to escape. Her head pounded in harsh blows. "I know your up, princess." A voice she heard once before echoed in her ear. A hand flicked her in the arm, causing her to jolt. Her eyes snapped open and she watched the man with dreads.

"Erik Killmonger." She spat out with slight anger. "That's not the name princess, but I guess you'll find out soon enough." He went to pull a strand of hair from her sooty forehead but Zoya reared her head back. "I'm no princess, I'm a queen." She stifled out.

"Ah that's right of Dubariu, but tell me queen, how long do you plan on having alliance with Wakanda? Because this back talk shit won't happen when I'm king."

"You'll never be king, not as long as T'Challa's alive and breathing." Her eyes flared as the van came to a stop. Klaue poked his head out from the driver seat. "Let's get moving, I can't stay in one place for so long."

Erik finished the conversation, "that's why I plan on killing him." He mumbled under his breath. Zoya grew frightened as she was pulled up by her arm. Erik's large hand grasped around her bicep, as they stepped out of the van. "On the way back you can drop us off at Wakanda."

"You don't want to go there, boy." Klaue tried to reason with the man, but Erik was dead set on revenge. "Yeah, I do." He quickly fired a round from his handgun, successfully killing the pilot. But Klaue was quick and he grasped Linda, Erik's plaything into his hold, the barrel of his gun aiming for her temple.

"Drop it, or your little Bonnie and Clyde routine ends today!" Linda whimpered as she whispered, "I'm sorry Erik." Erik didn't lower his gun, Zoya watched in horror as a bullet found its way through Linda's skull.

Klaue scrambled away from the scene until Erik chased after him. "Stay put, princess." Zoya made no intention to move. But when she spotted the radio off in the plane she grasped it.

Tuning into the coordinates of Shuri's lab she applied Morse code to her.

Tap, Tap Tap.

She spelled out that she was okay, and would most likely be to Wakanda soon. She told of Erik Killmonger and his plans to take over Wakanda. "What the hell are you doing? I told you to stay put." Erik growled. Zoya shrugged as she leaned in, her mouth close to his ear. "One thing to know about me, Killmonger. Is that the only orders I follow are mine."

Erik smirked at the girl. "I like that. But that's about to change when I'm king." He licked his lips and stared at the beauty. "I will not allow you to be king, even if I have to fight you myself." Erik smiled as he shifted the plane in gear, letting Zoya have the last word.

"Why did you do it?" Zoya asked as they flew through the air. They were almost to Wakanda, if Erik did know how to get in. "I've killed hundreds, this sack of shit is no different. Besides, my father was killed by the king of this place, why would our own kind kill each other? That I will never know."

Zoya nodded her head understanding his reasoning. She sighed before speaking. "I have dealt with revenge before Erik. My father died the day I was born, he died, and I had no idea who would do a thing. I wanted revenge for ages. But I later learned it wasn't the way to handle things. I helped T'Challa deal with the death of his father, I could help you too."

Erik stared at the girl before going to back to navigating the skies. "I'm sorry, Zoya. I know how hard it is to lose a father, but I've already made up my mind." A hand was placed on Zoya's thigh, an act of appreciation and maybe something more, but Zoya uncomfortably moved her leg away from the man.

She was not used to affection. The last she had felt anything genuine was from her mother, undeniable love was something she couldn't get. Sure T'Challa has been "affectionate" with the queen, but did he truly love her?

Zoya started to recognize the large plains full of zebras and savanna of Wakanda. "We stop here." Erik said as he piloted the plane down to the ground near the border tribe. "Put this in your mouth beautiful." He held out a piece of canvas. Zoya turned her head away in stubbornness. "Either you do it or I will." He sang mockingly. Zoya rolled her eyes before snatching the piece of canvas from his grip. Pulling it over her head and into her mouth.

"Good girl." He opened the door to the plane and roughly dropped the body bag to the ground. "Cmon my queen, I gagged you, I didn't blind you." He referred to her frozen in the plane. She exited on his command not enjoying the taste of canvas or rope tied to her wrists, she would never follow his orders again.

He started walking and Zoya followed, eager to see T'Challa again.

<____>

T'Challa's eyes were swollen from lack of sleep. His body was hunched over a map, searching for a place Zoya could be.

Shuri ran into the room quickly. Causing T'Challa to flinch at the fast movement because his eyes were sensitive from the lack of sleep.

"Brother! Zoya has entered the border. My camera embedded in Zoya's vibranium vest was activated when she entered Wakanda!"

T'Challa's vision cleared for a second and he quickly straightened. "I shall go get her, I have missed her so." Shuri shook her head which slightly irritated the king. "No you must not. She is with Erik Stevens, a highly trained assassin, he will shoot her in seconds as soon as you arrive."

T'Challa grew anxious. "You must wait, brother." He scurried off to the throne room waiting for his love interest to enter the room.

<____>

Erik approached the border, and Zoya saw that she was approaching the border tribe. W'Kabi was standing in the front of the group his tribe flanked him in silence.

Erik dropped the body bag and grabbed the queen. Zoya looked at W'Kabi with pleading eyes. "What's this?" The leader asked. "A little gift." Erik said as he opened the body bag.

Klaue's dead eyes stood out against the blue of the bag. The border tribe stepped back as W'Kabi approached the bag. He saw his parents murderer, dead. And he was pleased. "Who are you?" He asked. "No one important, bring me to the king. I would like to negotiate, or the queen he adores dies."

Zoya let out a grunt of protest as Erik pulled her to him, waving his gun around. "Alright but you need to be in chains. We can't have Zoya die, she is the future of Wakanda."

Erik smiled, "Yes she is, isn't she." He said as W'Kabi led and informed the Royal Family of the situation.