Epilogue

"Hold still!" Shuri spoke as she glided nude lipstick across Zoya's full lips

"Hold still!" Shuri spoke as she glided nude lipstick across Zoya's full lips. Her eyes shown with light eyeshadow and small eyeliner wings. She couldn't stop herself from shaking.

"I'm sorry." She said as Shuri finished the final touches to her makeup. "I'm very nervous and this is a huge day."

Shuri sat down next to her soon-to-be sister in law. "Don't be nervous. You'll do just fine." She placed a hand over Zoya's. "I have something for you!" She pulled a pearl necklace from behind her back. "This was T'Chaka's mother's. He wanted to pass it to his sons wife."

Zoya grinned as Shuri placed the pearl necklace over her neck. "Thank you, Shuri. You are the best sister anyone could ask for."

"Oh, stop. You'll make me smudge my makeup."

Zoya gave her a playful nudge. Her father entered the room with a grin. He wore his traditional robes and a small headpiece, to resemble him as king of Duhariu. "You look stunning. Your mother would be so proud."

Zoya said nothing but slowly edged into an embrace. Careful of her makeup and dress.

"Ten minutes until show time."

[]

T'Challa linked his fingers together. Nervously pacing at the alter. His mother had already spoken to her son. Speaking words of encouragement and joy. But still he had to admit his palms were sweating rapidly.

The people of Wakanda and Duhariu alike had joined on the binding ceremony of the two royal lovers. T'Challa spotted many traditional Wakandan robes, while some sported traditional Kenyan and Duhariu robes and headpieces. It was absolutely perfect.

His eyes drifted to the aisle as he heard several awed gasps. There stood the most beautiful Queen he had every seen. The same girl he had met when he was seven with mud plastered on his youthful face. She was stunning, beautiful, a gift to all the ancestors to look upon. And she was all his. And he was all hers.

T'Challa couldn't help the tears that filtered down his face. Not just by the beauty of his soon to be wife.

But the singular white rose held in her hands.

THE END