7. Nqabela

C H A P T E R S E V E N
' Nqabela '
Ban

T'Challa stepped off the plane first, leading the way for his new found ally in Steve Rogers and his best friend, Bucky

T'Challa stepped off the plane first, leading the way for his new found ally in Steve Rogers and his best friend, Bucky. "Welcome to Wakanda, Gentlemen." T'Challa smirked as he gestured for the men to follow into the lab. He caught Steve and Bucky looking around the area, admiring the palm leaves and panther statues.

As the boys followed the prince into the large building complex, T'Challa noticed Zoya rushing through the jungle and entering the complex as well. His heart swelled at the presence of the queen. T'Challa knew the girl would wait for him to finish his duties as he made his way into room Bucky's cryofreeze compartment was in. "This is where your friend shall recover. I will have my sister Shuri operate here. She's the best in Wakanda. I'll give you two some alone time." T'Challa spoke in a gentle whisper, realizing this may be a tough time for Steve Rogers.

He slipped out of the room, his hands resting behind back as he straightened his posture. He approached the queen. "Zoya." He announced his presence. He dipped his head in respect as the queen turned around. "You know you don't have to do that. I haven't seen you in fifteen years but, my morals are the same. You are equal to me T'Challa."

T'Challa grinned in understanding and pulled his head up. "No one could ever equal to you in beauty." Zoya scrunched her nose. "Smooth. After you are finished here I need to talk to you about the borders."

Zoya walked away as Steve approached. "Who was that?"

"The Queen of the Duhariu Tribe she has been by friend since I was a small boy." T'Challa let himself smile a bit at the memories. Steve looked at the Prince in wonder. He shared the same look of how he once gazed at Peggy. "Thank you for this." T'Challa's eyes shifted to the man out of time as he changed the subject.

"Your friend and my father, they were both victims. If I can help one of them find peace..." T'Challa stared out the glass window as Steve did. "You know if they find out he's here they'll come for him." Steve warned.

T'Challa smirked as he thought of the Dora Milaje and Zoya protecting the borders along with himself. "Let then try." He quickly composed himself. "I have a queen to catch. And a mother and sister to greet."

He left the American man alone for the time being and headed towards a separate jet since the one he used was the one Steve was using to get back to his refuge. He noticed the person he was seeking talking to one of the women he was not expecting to see. Well this is awkward. He chuckled to himself as he took note of Nakia chatting next to Zoya. "It looks like you haven't slept in ages Zoya!"

The queen chuckled at T'Challa's old flame and one of her most sincere friends. "I haven't slept in 36 hours, of course I'm tired. My general of my tribe has slept well, Imani. I'm quite jealous. Meanwhile, someone put me on border patrol." Her voice trailed out to the prince's ears.

As she noticed the prince from behind her. She lightly elbowed him in the stomach. "How did you know I was here?" He asked slightly puzzled.

"I know everything, prince. And you froze." She chuckled. T'Challa raised his eyebrows. "Really?" He said reaching out and flicking her shoulder. He quickly gathered his composure as he acknowledged Nakia. "Good to see you again Nakia. I hope the Gods have been treating you fairly." Nakia dipped her head in respect and crossed her hands over her chest. "Thank you, My prince." She shyly smiled as Zoya could practically cut the tension with a knife.

"Lets go say high to your mother and sister." Nakia whispered after an awkward stare at the prince. Okoye greeted them as they walked through starting the jet and setting off toward the palace like building.

It took short minutes to arrive; T'Challa smiled as his vibranium suit glimmered in the Queen's vision. "Showing off now are we?" Zoya said from his side. "Always." He grinned at her as the ship peeled opened. Queen Ramonda and Princess Shuri stood on the runway as T'Challa, Zoya, Nakia, and Okoye walked toward the woman. The Dora Milaje surrounding the runway pounded their spears on the floor and crossed their hands over their chests.

Nakia spoke up first. "Queen Ramonda, Princess Shuri a comfort for your loss." She spoke in sympathy. "Thank you Nakia. It is so good to have you back with us." Zoya zoned out looking at the fierce female warriors until she saw Nakia flee from the area. "Did he freeze?" Shuri asked.

"Like an antelope in the headlights." Okoye smirked and winked. Zoya stifled a giggle. "Are you finished?" T'Challa asked in an annoyed, but amused tone. Okoye plunged her spear in the ground and the Dora Miljae took off. "I'll let you have some alone time." Zoya nodded and bowed. "It's best if you showed T'Challa your new gadgets, Shuri." Zoya leaned in and whispered to the girl. "Especially the kinetic suit." She whispered quiet enough so T'Challa couldn't hear. Shuri had been planing to video tape T'Challa using the suit.

Zoya fled the area approaching her room and opening the door now decorated with flowers. Imani must have went to the market. "Hello my Queen." Imani placed her hand over her chest. "At ease. What have you been up to, Imani?" Zoya looked around the room that was decorated by flowers and smelled like a relaxing rose in the summer breeze.

"Decorating, it is best if you get some sleep young Zoya." Imani joked knowing the queen was older. "That sounds nice." She approached the room but swerved to the bathroom and turned on the shower first. She tiredly washed herself and dressed in a silk night gown. Even though the queen was dead tired every night she would go outside and pray to her ancestors in the dark and glistening stars.

She prayed silently to herself hoping she is making her parents proud, by her rule. "Any advice is well appreciated." Zoya muttered.

"I have no advice to give." T'Challa smiled. "T'Challa I didn't see you coming." Zoya asked surprised. "Shuri designed new shoes. They are sound proof." He said knowingly. "What did you want to say about the borders?"

Zoya sighed and yawned. "A large camp was planning on entering. They were just tourists no harm to me taking them out, I took care of them. But that wasn't what scared me. A man hit me in the chest with a sword made of vibranium. He was different, an accent of America. The man said we would meet again." Zoya answered the soon to be king.

"You are safe here, Zoya. I'll protect you from any harm. Remember that. As for the American, I'll have Shuri investigate. I'll go with you on the next watch, darling."

"Darling? You know I'm going to play hard to get, King." Zoya jokingly teased. T'Challa rolled his eyes. "Goodnight Zoya." He whispered as his hand cupped her cheek. "Goodnight T'Challa." Zoya approached her bed as the prince walked to his own room and off the balcony.

Diving under the covers Zoya fell into a peaceful sleep.