9. Ikumkani

C H A P T E R  N I N E
Ikumkani
King

The next morning Wakanda was buzzing in excitement

The next morning Wakanda was buzzing in excitement. It was the day of the coronation of the prince. Zoya was more than ready to hop out of bed for the ceremony.

The kingdom was bustling with life. All of the tribes were preparing delicious foods and multiple decorations hung from buildings and streets. It was amazing to be in Wakanda on this day.

She dressed in her ceremonial white gown, that flew past her ankles and split down the side exposing her long legs to the warm sun. Her shoulders were bare as the neckline to the dress reached high, but dipped low under her underarms.

Zoya smiled at herself as she let her hair blow and be free in the wind

Zoya smiled at herself as she let her hair blow and be free in the wind. Imani was dressed in a red dress that dropped to her knee caps. A white band flew around her waist tightly, making her already small waist, appear smaller. Her face was decorated with white dots symbolizing the lion goddess, Sekhmet. "You look amazing Imani." Zoya complimented.

"Not as beautiful as you, My Queen." Zoya blushed a little. "That is something we can disagree on."

Imani smirked at the bickering comment. "T'Challa would think so." The warrior teased from behind her. Zoya smiled to herself. "You think so? He asked me to stand by his family." The queen said in a conflicted voice. "What is wrong, my queen?" Imani seemed to catch on. "Oh nothing, just thinking about my future." Zoya reassuringly grinned towards the warrior. "Shall we go?" She asked. Imani would be standing next to Nakia and her tribe.

Finally Zoya picked up the mask on her dresser. The mask represented a lioness, the rare silver metal was almost rustic. Her fingers fumbled as she quickly tied it around her head, under her wild mane of hair. The two were transported on jet to the ceremony.

When the ladies arrived to the ceremonial place, the waterfalls of Wakanda, they parted ways. Imani left the girl, in search of Nakia. Zoya walked to the royal family. She realized Nakia and Imani weren't far at all. The wind blew from above as a jet landed towards the water. T'Challa's jet.