Chapter 1

I find myself always lost in my thoughts thinking about what my life would be like if I wasn't me, if that makes any sense. I've always wanted to have a life sort of like a story with a happy ending, true love, excederá, excederá. I wanted to bump into my soul mate at the market (which is very random but oddly the most perfect place to meet your soulmate if you really think about it) and then we'd slowly fall in love and guess what's next? Yup you guessed it. A happily ever after. Very cliche I know.

I'm sitting in the back seat of a truck listening to Cigarettes After Sex. I look out the rear seat window admiring the large landscapes and the oddly built hills. There are so many pretty things people don't seem to notice stuck on a phone screen, myself included. I admire a group of birds flying in the direction that I was moving. I then saw a dog or wolf... maybe even a coyote (almost out of a movie) running out into the distance on a large hillside. I wish to have that sort of freedom. The ability to engulf yourself completely into your most deepest desires with no sense of doubt. Only then would I truly feel alive.

My phone:
Zed: I want you back.
Me: im moving to Washington
Me: you know that
Me: there's no point on continuing this, im sorry. Read.

Yeah I have a boyfriend, well had. Some things just don't work out for me. Most things truly. He wasn't really the romantic type though and I never found myself falling head over heels for him. He was more like my best friend. We only kissed once and never kissed again which is odd for a couple I've realized. Most people try to find a best friend in their soulmate but frankly I look for my Prince Charming. You are probably drowning in cringe right now. To make matters worse I would find myself crying on the couch watching "Me before You" or "Titanic" more often then I wished. I'm pretty sure you've seen Titanic and if you haven't then you probably should. I guess I'm going be a hopeless romantic my whole life. I'm 17 going to be 18 in a couple months and I'm just waiting for that moment when-

"We're here!" My mom yells disturbing me from my thoughts.

I look to my left observing my brothers not give a single fuck about what's going on because they're too focused on Fortnite. Why would they make Fortnite on a mobile device, that's the real question. Are they trying to ruin relationships? I look to my right and spot a large green sign that reads "Welcome To Washington!" Great. Was I excited for this new start? No. After eternity we get to the house. It was a white two story house with a black window outlining, nothing special. All the houses looked the same. I get out and look around. No one's outside. I wasn't planning on meeting neighbors anyway.

I get to my new room which is pretty spacy compared to my old room. The best part about this is knowing that I won't have to share a restroom with my stupid brothers. There's two of them by the way. Jack and Will... just your typical white names. I sit on the floor and take out some stuff out of a box with my name on it. I take out a jewelry box and a diary because sadly I am the type of person to have a jewelry box and a diary unfortunately. Oh yeah and I take out some pictures. Me and my mom and a poloraid of me and Zed .. eating pizza, you thought it was romantic nope.

"Violet come down stairs we need to go greet the neighbors." My mom yells.

What a typical white family we are. I guess I would say I'm anti-social. I like keeping my circle small and I don't really like meeting new people. I take my time walking down the stairs dreading the thought of meeting my neighbors.. or anyone in general.

"I know how you feel about this but we can't have a bad impression on our neighbors." My mom says placing her hands on my shoulders.

"Whatever let's just get it over with." I say walking out the door.

    I could see some furniture movers... I think that's what you call them taking stuff out of the truck and into the house. I then decide to go to my neighbors to the right because right is always right. I guess right is wrong. They were old people. Not that there's anything wrong with old people because old people are actually adorable but these were... how do I put it... a little weird. Maybe we'll have better luck with our other next door neighbors to our left. At this point my expectations are low.

"You see that wasn't that bad." My mom said... smiling. Well what I thought was a smile. She has never smiled like that before so I don't know if it was genuine. I knock on the door expecting old people again but instead I find myself facing a guy. A very attractive guy I might add.

   He opened the door and we stood there for a few seconds looking at each other. I open my mouth as to say something but nothing comes out. His eyes were a hazel brown and he had a tan with messy brown hair. I gulp loudly feeling my nerves quickly rise. Before it could get any more awkward he left and got his mom.

"Hi there you guys are the new neighbors right?" She says smiling.

"Yeah, I just wanted to let you know who you were living next to. These are my kids Violet , Jack, and Will." She says placing her hand on each of our heads one by one.

    Me and my neighbor kept giving each other eye contact. I mean who wouldn't look at him, he's gorgeous... and totally out of my league.

"Well here's Dylan, my only child, he's 18 years old." She said putting her arm around his shoulder even though he's significantly taller than her.

"I'm Jenna by the way, Violet is 17 gonna be 18 in a few months, Jack is 15, and Will is 19." My mom says.

"I'm Cindy... it was nice meeting you." She says in an enthusiastic tone. They exchange numbers, we shake hands and we leave. Glad that's over with but now I know I have a very attractive neighbor that's my age.

"That kid looks like a nice boy right?" My mom said.

"Yeah he sure does." I said going up stairs.

They set up my bed and my vanity. I just needed to organize everything which is fun for me actually. I looked out the window towards Dylan's house and put a blanket over the window. I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth, then finally went to bed. I did wake up in the middle of the night to grab a snack, to be more specific Oreos. I grabbed the whole container and went up stairs and looked out the window to see someone's light on. Maybe Dylan who knows. Why am I stalking him oh my god. I sit on my bed and watch "The fault in our stars" again while eating Oreos.

     Morning arrives. I'm awaken by the sound of a car beeping outside. I find the Oreos half gone and my laptop on me. I look out the window and see Dylan in his car leaving to school... I assume. Today's Monday but I'm not going to school until next week. I go down stairs to pancakes and toast. I wish. Instead there was cereal. No one's down stairs. Well maybe because it was 7:47 am in the morning. The couches were set up and so was the TVs. Except there was no WiFi or anything yet. Without my movies I would go insane. For some reason I found myself wanting Dylan to come home already. I need some entertainment in my life. And I'm also very bored.

I got my favorite cereal Lucky Charms and ate peacefully without my brothers. The day was pretty boring. Just me cleaning up my room, organizing it and all that other fun stuff. That was until Dylan came home. I'm kind of a stalker oh my god. His car is also very loud. I decided to finally go downstairs and I saw him doing some yard work outside and damn he looked so fine.

He was ripping out weed... not the weed you're thinking of but the weed that kills other plants and he threw them in a bag. His muscles were glowing with the heat of the sun and he was sweating which made it 10 times hotter. I think he saw me a couple times. I'm pretty sure one of those times that I was looking at him he smiled. I decided to go out and get "some mail".

So this is my new story. I honestly really like it :) But its all up to you guys. The picture is Violet and in the other chapter I'll show you Dylan. Also Dylan's name is pronounced (Die-Lin) not (dilon) lol.