Chapter 4

Don't play the song yet until it says too :))

      Today was the day of the barbecue. I was trying to avoid this day the whole week. Something about people and socializing just didn't fit well with me. I mean I  have to socialize at some point. I went downstairs to my mom cooking up some corn and all that other barbecue food stuff. My brothers were on the couch watching T.V.

    "Hey honey, you came to help?" She said grabbing some plates.

   "Actually I'm gonna go change." I said and I ran upstairs before she said anything else.

    I put on my checkered bathing suit I had ordered and made myself two French braids. The whole day I was fantasizing about Dylan without a shirt, an unhealthy amount of times I might add. It was already four and I went downstairs to greet the old neighbors. They had those tiny goggles and the swimming caps. Umm very interesting fashion choice...

     "Hey Georgia and Ronald, how are you." My mom said. She had that same weird smile.

     "Just about getting ready to take a dip." The old lady said laughing. I just smiled and went on the couch with my brothers.

    "No way I'm getting in the pool, it's contaminated." Jack said.

    "You're so mean." I said and hit him.

     I went outside and put some sunscreen on. The sun was really bright which was a first since it's always cloudy. I sat on the table with the umbrella gazing over me watching the old people swim. Uhhh maybe I shouldn't..

     Then I hear my mom greeting people and I turned around to the window and see Dylan ... shirtless. His abs were so... visible and lined how I would describe it, I could just melt really. He was talking to my brothers and then he looked over at me and smirked.... ugh that smirk. I just smiled and turned back around. Stay cool Violet.

    I soon decided to go get some towels from upstairs. I mean how else would people dry themselves off. I go to the drawer from the restroom and grab like 4 towels which I assume would be enough and I turn around face to face with Dylan.

    "Oh my god you scared me." I said letting out a laugh, a very nervous laugh. He laughed too. Then he looked at me from head to toe. I stood there awkwardly. I mean what are you suppose to do in these types of situations. It's like you want to hide but you really don't..

     "Damn, I always imagined how you would look without clothes and you look better than I imagined." He said. I laughed and my cheeks started burning.

     "Here let me help you with that." He said taking the towels from me and going downstairs. What the fuck just happened. I just stood their for like a minute trying to process what happened. I had to go downstairs at some point so just fuck it.

    I walked down the stairs and saw Dylan grabbing a drink from the cooler, looking up at me smirking. I walked past him pulling my bikini bottoms higher up my ass, turning around smirking as well. His facial expression quickly changed. He looked at my ass then looked up at me. If he wants to play whatever game he's playing, I can play too. I'm very surprised at myself but I realized the less I think about things and overthink the better.

    I sat on my chair in the shade eating my food still shocked by my actions. He's making another side of me I never knew I had come out in a good way. I finished eating and threw my food away. When I went back to the table he was sitting across from me. I just sat down and pretended he wasn't there. Which is my way of flirting...sad I know.

   "I invited my friends over." He said. I turned my head to look at him and he was smirking, as always. That's probably his favorite thing to do... smirk.