Chapter 4: He's Back

Previously:

Nami helped calm Luffy down, by showing her determination to help him get over his depression about Ace's death. Luffy willingly accepted her help, knowing that she will not leave his side. With that said the two slept under the stars that night.

The sun brightly shone, and the two was still sleeping on each other's arms. Nami was the first one to awoke, she slowly opened her eyes and what she saw was Luffy. She saw the way Luffy was sleeping, he was so peaceful, Nami giggled in happiness. She also saw that they were both hugging each other and their faces was so close to each other. That view snapped her back to reality and she slowly removed her arms around Luffy.

'W- WHAT IS HAPPENING?!' Nami shouted, in her thoughts, while blushing immensely. 'Why am I sleeping with Luffy?!' another thought came to her mind followed by many more.

She decided to brush it off and just wash her face using the water of the pond near them. She slapped both of her cheeks with both of her hands at the same time, trying to calm herself down. Before she could even try to wake up Luffy, Luffy was already having nightmares, which didn't make sense to her because he was just sleeping peacefully when she woke up.

"Luffy wake up!" she shouted to Luffy waking him up.

Luffy woke up with tears flowing out of his eyes, then suddenly he hugged Nami again.

"Luffy it's alright, you don't have to be scared about Ace again, I'm here." Nami said trying to comfort Luffy.

"It's not about Ace." Luffy said while sniffing and crying.

"Then what is it?" Nami questioned, almost panicking, not knowing what Luffy is scared this time.

"I- I'm scared about..." Luffy paused for a moment. "I'm scared of losing you!"

Nami shocked by what Luffy said and blushed again, thinking why Luffy thought about that.

Nami decided she just won't let her captain cry while he is in pain.

"Luffy, you won't lose me or any of us. Because you'll be there to protect us, right?" Nami asked Luffy.

"Y- Yeah, I will." Luffy responds.

"If you can't, then we will protect ourselves, that's what the 2 years of training is for, right?" Nami said while brushing Luffy's hair softly.

Luffy couldn't say anything because of what Nami said, then a quote struck him.

The quote consists of the words Jimbei said to him after the Marineford arc.

"I know that you have lost a lot Luffy! But don't just count what is lost, count what it is that you have left!" Those are the words that Jimbei said to Luffy.

"I have my crew." Luffy said softly while smiling a little.

"What?" Nami heard a little of what Luffy said.

"Nothing." Luffy smiled even more.

"Nami?"

"What?"

"I'm sorry, I have no right to say those things to you." Luffy apologized because of what he said to Nami back at the Sunny.

"It's okay, I know what you've been through. Just don't forget, that every one of us has lost someone important , just like how I lost Bell-mère." Nami said, making Luffy kind of regret saying those horrible things to her.

Then a grumble is heard from Luffy's stomach, leading to Nami's giggle.

"Looks like you're back." Nami said