Chapter 12: A Week With Him?!

Previously:

Sabo, Luffy's brother, along with Koala happens to be visiting Ace's grave. And that's when they found out. Both the captain and the navigator of the Mugiwara crew are stuck on the island. Luffy and Nami used Sabo's Den Den Mushi to contact the crew. After speaking with them Luffy and Nami have to patiently wait for their crew in one week. But will the two of them be able to confess their feelings for one another?

1 out of 7 days left:

Nami's POV:

As I slowly opened my eyes to wake up, Luffy wasn't there. Maybe he went to eat already. I went to the kitchen to see if everyone was there except me.

"Good morning Nami!" Luffy greeted me immediately as I walked through the door with his usual grin.

I blushed a little but I didn't mind and then I said, "Good morning to you too, Luffy." I let out a slight giggle.

Then Sabo and Koala gave me a 'I get what's going on.' look.

I gave them an 'It's not what you think!' look.

They raised their hands then gave me a thumbs up and a 'Riiiiight.' look.

Then I gave them a scoff and then I sat next to Luffy.

Before I could eat the first bite Luffy said with his usual grin, "I love you too, Nami."

I dropped my spoon and Sabo chocked on his food and Koala quickly handed him some water.

"W-What are you talking about Luffy?!"

"What do you mean? I just complimented you." Luffy said with a confused look.

The three of us stared to Luffy and we face palmed ourselves. Of course he didn't know what 'love' is. But what bothered me is he said 'too', but that would mean he heard me!

I blushed so hard my face turned crimson red, then I tried to hide it with my hands.

Luffy's POV:

Jeez what's her problem? Is that the way to treat someone when they compliment you?

"Guys, help me out here." I whispered to Sabo and Koala.

"DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU SAID?! YOU IDIOT!!" Sabo, Nami, and Koala yelled at me and punched me.

"Yeah! Love is something you say to your friend as a compliment, right?" I answered.

Then they all sighed and then they sat on their chairs and just eat.

After breakfast seems like everyone had forgotten what I said. Whatever.

Nami's POV:

I still couldn't believe Luffy said that in breakfast. If only he knows what it means and I'm not so shy maybe it could've been satisfying. Wait what am I saying? Why would I want Luffy to say that? Arrgh!

After that akward breakfast, Sabo and Luffy went hunting. While Koala pulled me to have a girl talk. I'm guessing that's why Sabo invited Luffy to go hunting.

"Nami-san, are you in love with Luffy?" Koala said directly at me.

"W-Well I wouldn't say that..."

"C'mon, I saw how you look when Luffy greeted you."

"It's only normal to blush when a lady is greeted by a guy."

"Who said anything about blush?"

"W-well you put it up and I just assumed..."

"Please Nami-san you won't feel better that way."

" 'Sigh' Y-yes..."

Luffy's POV:

Sabo and I started walking through the forest and he's been asking me some weird questions, I don't even know how to answer. Is this a test? 'cause I'm not good with those.

"Luffy, do you know what love is?" Sabo questioned me.

"Of course I said it, in the kitchen didn't I?"

"That's not what it means."

"Then what?"

"It means if you love someone, you wanna spend you're life with them."

"Then that means... I love my crew!"

Sabo face palmed himself.

Somehow I heard him say, "This might be harder than I thought." Well I just shook it off.

When we finished hunting nighttime struck. We brought all that we've hunted to the ship. After that we ate dinner and we slept.

4 out of 7 days left:

Luffy's POV:

We've done the same usual thing these past 4 days and I still don't know what love he's talking about.

"LUFFY!! We've talked about this these past 4 days, and you don't even get a single thing?!" Sabo said angrily while we're hunting again.

"Why don't you explain it slowly?" I suggested.

"Ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, ok. I give up." Sabo give in.

"Love is a compliment, right?" I said trying to more about love.

"NO, IT'S NOT!" Sabo yelled at me the second time.

"Well how about you explain it again." I suggested once more.

"This is the last time." Sabo said.

"Okay." I said raising my hand symbolizing I promise to listen really hard.

"Okay. Love is a part of your life where you have feelings for a girl who you think is very close to yo-! ARE YOU SLEEPING?!"

'Oops! Busted.' I thought to myself.

"Forget it. I give up." Sabo said as he returns to the ship with all the monsters that we hunted.

"Wait, Sabo!" I said as I hugged his leg but he still walked.

"I can't teach this to you. Maybe you have to figure that out on your own." Sabo said.

"But I can't even figure out why my heartbeat goes so fast. How can I figure out this thing on my own?"

Somehow Sabo stopped and that made me raise my eyebrow.

He said, "Your heart beats fast, huh?"

"Yeah." I answered.

He turned around and he smiled widely as he put his hand on my shoulder and he said, "I think love is the answer to your heart."

"Eeehhhh?! Love makes heartbeats fast?!" I said panicking.

"No, idiot. Love is a feeling, like you said, your heart beats fast." Sabo said.

"But what about my crew I have a feeling towards them and my heart doesn't beat fast. Except for Nami."

Then it hit me. My eyes widened and I was just sitting there, in the middle of the forest, thinking about what love is.

After quite some time I came up with an answer, "I love Nami! Wait, of course I love Nami she's my friend. And yet my heart beats so fast. Argh! This is so confusing! Wait, it's night?!"

A/N: Hey guys! I will go out of town in April 20-23 but don't worry, if I'm lucky the hotel may have wi-fi but if not just be patient. The final chapter will be the next one and there will also be an epilogue.