Chapter 11: Brothers Reunion

Previously:

Luffy and Nami explored the island only to find the grave of Ace and Whitebeard. But another ship stopped on the island and it was the other brother.

Nami's POV:

Luffy carried me in front of Ace's grave and we sat there together. He couldn't say a word for a while, but I held his hand the whole time. He doesn't seem to notice it, but I just wish for once I want to feel him holding my hand everyday.

Luffy's mouth started to open and words began to come out of it, "Hey Ace-"

Luffy's POV:

I was about to start the conversation with me and Ace, but I was cut off when a familiar voice said, "Don't tell me you're planning to start a conversation with Ace, without me?"

I turned around and so is Nami and we saw Sabo come out of the trees.

"Yo Luffy." Sabo's way of greeting.

Tears fell from my eyes, but I wiped them immediately, saying, "Jeez, Sabo. If you said you were coming then I wouldn't have started."

Then another voice was heard it she appeared from the trees and said eagerly, "Luffy?! The Monkey D. Luffy?!"

Nami's POV:

A girl appeared from the forest and her eyes went sparkling and she said, "It is Monkey D. Luffy!!"

"Jeez, Koala calm down." Sabo said.

"Huh? Koala, as in the animal?" Luffy asked Koala which kind of ticked her off. Typical.

After that Sabo and Luffy are reunited once more. Sabo sat with Luffy so they could talk to Ace, while me and Koala sat next to each other.

Luffy and Sabo was having an imaginary conversation with Ace and they kept on laughing and hitting each other in the head. Me and Koala couldn't do much but giggle. While they were doing that I was lucky enough that Koala had bring some bandages and apply it on my ankle.

"Say, Nami-san..." Koala asked me. "Are you and Luffy the only ones here? I mean where are your crew?"

"Well, we were separated due to the storm." I answered.

"Is that so? Well do they know where you are?" Koala asked.

"Sadly, no." I answered back.

"Well we have a Den Den Mushi." Koala said making me feel really relieved.

After they finish their conversation with Ace we decided to head for Sabo's ship and use the Den Den Mushi.

Luffy's POV:

Nami seems to have a hard time walking even with all the bandages. So I decided that she should just get on my back and I'll carry her to the ship.

"Nami, get on my back." I said.

"Eeehhhh? Why?!" She said.

"You're injured, you idiot." I talked back.

"I don't wanna hear that coming from you!" She said.

Narrator's POV:

Sabo and Koala just looked at Luffy and Nami as they quarreled for a while, but they see that Luffy and Nami are perfect for each other.

Sabo and Koala both smiled and then it leads to them laughing, making Luffy and Nami turn their attention to them.

"You guys look like a bunch of kids! Hahaha!" Sabo said.

"You got that right Sabo-kun!" Koala said.

"WE'RE NOT KIDS!!" Luffy and Nami said in unison.

Then they looked at each other and they grinned at each other. After that Nami agreed to get on Luffy's back. Luffy put his hat on Nami since it might poke her on the face.

Nami's POV:

Luffy's back is so warm. I wish this experience won't end, then halfway through I fell asleep. 

Then I hear a shout from Luffy, "Oi! Nami! Are you alive?!"

It woke me up immediately and I said, "What is it?"

"Jeez, I thought you got bitten by that spider or worse." Luffy said worriedly.

I giggled. He was worried about me then I saw that we were on the ship's deck.

Sabo gave us a tour of the ship and we finally got to eat. I didn't know it was already evening, amd we haven't even eaten. Luffy munched down on his food as always, while I sat next to him preparing the water if he chokes.

While we were eating I used the Den Den Mushi, Koal let me borrowed, and I contacted the crew.

"Nami! Are you and Luffy okay?!" I heard Chopper shout already.

"We're fine. We're on Sabo's ship, that is parked on an island." I said.

"Mugiwara boy! Which island are you in?" I heard someone not from our crew shout. Then Luffy swallowed his food and grabbed the Den Den Mushi.

"Iva-chan! What are you doing there?" Luffy shouted.

"I was on the way back but I saw your ship and it so happens I needed a blast from the past. Anyway which island are you on?" The person talking to the Den Den Mushi said.

"Well..." Luffy couldn't say it.

"Mugiwara boy?"

"We're on an island where Ace is buried. What a coincidence!" Luffy said putting on a fake grin.

"Are okay with that Mugiwara boy?"

"No sweat!" Luffy said.

Then I grabbed the Den Den Mushi and asked, "So how long can you guys get here?"

"Well we'd say about a week. Depends on what we encounter." Sanji said.

"Okay then." I said hanging up the Den Den Mushi.

"Say Luffy, who was this Iva-chan?" I asked Luffy.

"Oh him? Ivankov helped me save Ace." Luffy said trying hard to hold his tears. Maybe I shouldn't have asked that.

After we ate Sabo showed us our room technically there's only one left so we're gonna have to share.

I showered a little before I went to sleep. But after I was done getting dressed Luffy was already dead asleep. I giggled he looked so peaceful.

After that I slowly went to bed and then I felt Luffy's arms go around me again and pulled me closer to him. I really hoped that I get to sleep with him everyday. But I knew I can't have that life, I've known Luffy my whole life the closest thing he will know about love is how friends act.

"I love you Luffy." I said softly. It wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be, probably because he needs to hear it.

I just shook it off hoping I never burst out those words again.

Luffy's POV:

'What's love?'