Chapter 10: Why?

Previously:

Last time, we saw the point of view of Luffy's crew ever since he was washed up across the sea. The crew was helped by Ivankov, who was a friend of Luffy and a source of traumatic disorders for Sanji. But there was one island Ivankov wishes Luffy wasn't there, the resting place of the late Ace and Whitebeard.

Nami's POV:

It was morning again, but it felt kind of weird and yet it feels right. Maybe it's just because I'm asleep with Luffy but why does it feel right. As soon as I woke up Luffy got up and about with a huge grin on his face.

"Nami, I've been thinking why don't we explore the island a bit?" Luffy said with excitement written on his face.

"Seriously? Don't you want to eat?" I asked Luffy because normally he would just be begging for something to eat right now.

"I know. But there's just something about this place that makes me want to explore." Luffy said.

"Okay." I approved his request.

Then he jumped up and down like a little kid. Then he grabbed my wrist, when I felt the sensation of his hand I remembered the question I was gonna ask him about his heart.

"Wait, Luffy! What do you mean by-?" I was cut off when Luffy just pulled me towards him and he ran into the forest dragging me along.

Luffy's POV:

I dragged Nami along the forest and it might have been quite sometime after we started running into the forest. Then I saw what looked like an uphill, some light flashed from it. It must be where these trees end. Then I heard Nami scream in terror.

"Aaaahhhh!!!" Nami screamed. "There's a spider on my back!!!" Nami said as she tries to brush the spider off.

She looked cute while she was panicking, plus it's just a spider. I grabbed the spider off of Nami's back then I told her it's okay.

Then we both looked at the spider, she was disgusted by it, but I admired it. It has some kind of wavy violet color into it.

When I tried to pet it, it bit me. Then I threw it away, Nami took a look into it and looked like it's pretty bad. My veins started giving off a green color and it was going throught my arms and it soon went to my neck. As soon as that happened, I fainted.

When I woke up I was back on the Marineford. Chaos everywhere Whitebeard and his crew fighting marines. But what I saw when I lifted my head was, Akainu's fist was punching right through Ace's body.

Nami's POV:

'Luffy fainted! What am I gonna do?!' That question kept popping into my mind 'cause I'm not a doctor.

Then Luffy got up and then I felt a dark aura coming from him it's like his heart is full of hatred again. Then I walked a few steps closer to Luffy and I put my hand on one of his shoulders and he slapped that hand away from his shoulder. 

Then he said, "YOU! KILLED! ACE!!"

I was confused by what Luffy said and it hurt me. I knew something was wrong and when did it happen? Then I saw his veins, it must have been that spider. Luffy attacked me but luckily I dodged it.

I had no choice but to run because I left my weapon back at the Thousand Sunny. I ran uphill until I saw some light, I was about to go to it but I tripped on a rock. It rocketed me forward and into the light. I looked back to see if Luffy was still chasing me and not a surprise but he still chased me. I was on my back and that rock hurt my ankle. Then he stopped he looked forward and making me look to where he was looking, my eyes widened. A stone with a hat and a green gun holster on it. It was Ace's grave.

The veins from Luffy's body disappeared and when I looked at him tears flowed out of his eyes. He started to cry, the he kept saying, "WHY?!?! WHY?!?! Why does that nightmare keep following me?! Why does it haunt me?!"

Then I quickly crawled to Luffy and grabbed his hands.

I said, "Luffy, look at me." Then looked at me with his glassy eyes.

"I know it's hard to keep remembering your lost loved one..." Then I wiped his tears.

Luffy's POV:

Nami kept trying to make me feel better and be myself again since my nightmare of Ace. But I know I'm doing everything to make her efforts go to waste. And that's the last thing I wanted.

Then she put her hand on my chin the she moved her head closer to mine, she was truning red. Maybe she's sick? But she just nuzzled her nose on mine. My heart felt a little lighter and the pain eased up a bit.

She started saying, "Luffy don't just count what you have lost. You still have us. You have me." Making me remember Jimbei.

After she said that, tears flow out of her eyes. It must've been hard for her to see me like this hurting myself again and again. Then I hugged her as tightly as I can.

Nami's POV:

'Luffy's hugging me?'

He kept sniffling a little bit, but I know I'm getting through him. I know I'm making him feel a lot better now.

"Do you want to talk to Ace?" I asked Luffy, thinking if it might make him feel a lot better.

He nodded and I tried to get out of the way but he carried me, princess style.Then I looked at his eyes. I knew I love him.

After he got me in front of Ace's grave I held his hand.

Meanwhile:

Narrator's POV:

Back at the shore there was a ship parked there and a man jumped out of the ship. He had a blonde hair, a scar on his eye, and of course a top hat with goggles.