Chapter 5 : Apollo and Willow

Arc : Beginning (0.5)

Love will find ways, death won't break us apart.

――――――――――✽ 

When series of shooting happened in her laboratory, Xyther shielded Xael from multiple bullets with his own body thus ending his life. When Xael saw that the one who broke into the building were also down, she knew that even when her son was shot, all he could think about was his mother's safety.

Xael clutched on her son's dead body before she weep cursing and regretting everything, they might not have that much of interaction but even a simple and short meeting with each other, Xael and Xyther could express their emotion comfortably.

How could fate be this cruel to me!? Xael cried helplessly.

The moment she finally finish the project she has given her life for in exchange of a complete family, her son was forcibly taken away from her. The ache when she saw how his son's life was drained in front of her was not less painful than when she woke up only to find her husband dead after saving her.

Another regret was added on her list.

She lovingly clears out the strands of hair that blocked his face murmuring, "How could I take for granted the time we had together, if only... if only..." before finishing her sentence she gazed at the glass coffin and the idea just jumped into her head.

"I won't let go. The Xael I knew would always do what she want even if everything is at stake."

Carefully heaving her son's corpse, Xael mustered her best to place her son into one of the glass coffin that were designed to assist her project: Artificial Consciousness Manifestation to Virtual Reality Space 0021.

The project's main goal was not to resurrect the dead but connect his brain nerves and consciousness into the virtual world with the supporting data; 'a person's consciousness continues to work after the body has stopped showing signs of life'.

Right now, in Xael's personal lab, three glass coffins that were made from a substance much harder than a diamond was placed in line. At the right side was her husband while on the left side was her son's body. She moved to her computer and set up everything she needed before the project begin its function.

In her heart was turmoil, her research was not yet tested in terms of human cases but what could she do? This was her last straw. If this was not successful, her life was left for nothing.

After doing what she has to do, she gazed at the computer before turning on the video camera. She decided to leave some words for herself who might watch this if her research failed.

Smiling, she started, "Hi... That was pretty bland for a starter but who cares. Right now, I'm in the biggest turn of my life. If this didn't succeed..." Xael stopped for a moment as she gathered the guts she had. "Then I will still strive to get what I want until my last breathe prevented my capabilities to do so. That's why you..." she pointed at the camera, "You must not forget who you are. You are Xael, a lazy madwoman who would fight tooth and nail for anything she deems rightfully hers. Forever, my husband, Zeether, and my son, Xyther, is the biggest one of them. So let's beat the daylights out of our regrets and destroy the ending of that forever."

Xael clicked the save button before proceeding to the glass coffin in the middle, she opened the lid and entered before lying gently.

She closed her eyes uttering, "Artificial Consciousness Manifestation to Virtual Reality Space 0021, Qǐdòng*!"