Chapter 27 : Backer

Arc : One (1.21)

I did promise to serve the country, but I vowed to love you.

――――――――――

That small commotion was able to alarm the highly capable men inside the tent. Xael felt a hand reached her back before pushing her inside.

✽Willow: 【 Reward No. 1: Great Backer has appeared. 】

Fuck that great backer! That's nothing but bait!

Remembering a few worlds back, she couldn't help but feel cheated right after seeing her award. The crown prince, who was supposed to be the supporting character for Charles that turned out to be the last boss of the story, would be her so called great backer, yet it was but a sham.

Xael didn't speak a word, the more important matter before her was to examine her husband. Marshell was like an empty shell before her appearance showed up and now, he turned into a man seething with anger.

"Was that supposed to be the proper way to look at a royal blood, Lieutenant General? How disrespectful." The crown prince mocked, slowly twisting the dagger that is in his hands, inciting a small wound on Xael's neck.

Marshell wanted to rebuke but seeing the blood that was trickling on the dagger, he was forced to restrain himself. He wanted to go berserk, his blood boiled for hatred.

As for what Xael has heard earlier, Marshell being a scapegoat was a plan for Charles overtaking his high reputation, as Marshell went lower, someone else would undoubtedly replace his spotlight.

That would have happened on the original story, as Marshell was not able to protect the children from the orphanage; he became an empty shell with nothing to live for. Even knowing that he's being used, he jumped on the trapped and died on the enemies side. After dying, he was branded with the title of the country's traitor.

Xael was brought back to reality when a sticky felt of prickle went pass her neck.

"You! How dare you!" Marshell roared, seeing his lover being assaulted in front of his eyes was a crime without forgiveness.

Xael who was been silent since the beginning spoke, "A royal traitor."

The crown prince, even with his proud self was not a bit repelled by her actions; on the other hand, it seems he was enjoying it. "You're the one at fault, my dear. If you just have agreed to marry me, then things wouldn't end up this way. In the end, you even chose someone who's not even worth to be mentioned soldier." He chuckled.

Xael suddenly had a tacit understanding of the situation. She remembered that Xael M. indeed rejected some high ranking's marriage offer just to marry Charles but the way the crown prince spoke, the proposal was not done out of love.

In truth, the crown prince was after the backing of the Martineau's. Being on the throne, one of the most important things is to be in controlled with the military, and the Martineau's the one at the top.

Knowing his intention, General Atticus was wholeheartedly against the marriage resulting to him allowing his granddaughter to be engaged with the heir of Eccleston, Charles.

Hatred rooted on the crown prince's heart. There, he planned his way with a different objective, to plunge the Martineau into the lowest of all. Using Xael's former fiancé, he inserted stepping stones and lead Charles on top controlling him on the shadows.

Thinking back, it wasn't mentioned how Charles and Yvonne ended in the story, it was just mentioned that their bloodline were continued, it didn't even bothered to say what happened to them afterwards.

Basically, everyone was nothing but a chest piece, and the overall winner was the scheming crown prince, if not for her intervention, even the war that was part of the crown prince's plan would play as he wanted to.

Bearing a grudge, Xael hissed. "Rejecting you, was one of the best decisions I, Xael Martineau, has done in this lifetime."

Timely, as she was ready to counterattack, Marshell grabbed the sword that was pointed at him with his bare hands not minding the pain it would cause him. His normally cold yet timid expression rose into a blood thirsty beast.

He viciously attacked the people who were obstructing his way, not seeing them with his eyes clouded with anger, he made blood path on the ground.

Xael was not losing with her husband, she admitted that it was the system's fault that she was too relaxed and was taken as a hostage, more like an observer, but it was not a mission impossible to break out from a prince's claws.

Twisting her body, her meek and slim appearance expressed her flexibility and resilience when it comes to danger.

It was expected that as a royal blood, the crown prince would be familiar with protecting himself but who was he fighting with, Xael on her self-constructed body. In just a few moments, the table has turned, dislocating the crown prince arm before borrowing his own hands to thrust the dagger on his stomach, Xael was almost satisfied.

The crown prince was groaning in pain, he knew he shouldn't have come but something was urging him to do so. As if, even if he didn't want to, he should.

But who would have thought that it was because of Xael's system that the crown prince popped up on the war himself. After all, reward is still a reward.

There's no doubt that the reason why Xael M. was kidnapped because of your selfishness and pride. She even lost her innocence on such a disgusting way. Just thinking about it makes me want to send you to hell.

Xael's eyes were full of malice, hurt and sadness. Seeing her like that, Marshell's blood thirst rapidly decreased. He walked towards her and endearingly squeezed her hands. He kissed her temple before saying, "its okay, let me take it from here."

Just like that, Marshell slowly tortured the crown prince, wailing and screams erupted one after another. It was too gore to be detailed about. In the end, Marshell cut off the crown prince's tongue to avoid him from speaking, he crippled his arms and legs to avoid him from pointing out, and lastly even his priced jewels was not spared.

Of course, Marshell didn't let his lover see all of that; she was too precious to see something disgusting. For almost the whole time, Xael was sitting comfortably on one couch as she self serve herself some tea.

――――――――――

《 Author's Note

Yeah, this is my nth time saying this. Sorry for the late update. I actually tried to post the ending with this chapter but it just won't fit with my word count! (╬ ꒪Д꒪)ノ

So I had to fight the urge of splitting it into two chapter, I lost. so two chapter update. 

Okay, just a note, there has been a change, right now I could most probably just post twice or a single time per week due to some reasons.

First. My parents, I think, were against me writing saying stuff that I should focus on my studies and stuff. ∑(;°Д°)

Second. College is taking toll on me and I just entered my university's ROTC. Meaning, I'm physically and mentally exhausted every week. ( ̄ー ̄)ゞ

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ please vote and leave some review my beloved readers...

You could also see this story on: yashahimesama.wordpress.com