Chapter 8 : General Atticus

Arc : One (1.2)

I did promise to serve the country, but I vowed to love you.

――――――――――

Finally having some lay out of her scheme, Xael pondered to herself, "Well, this body is still not ready for what I've plan. Let's start the reconstruction!!"

Saying that, Xael opened Xael M.'s stats window and distributed points in some respective area.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

C H A R A C T E R ' S     D A T A

《 Name 》 : Xael Martineau

《 Age 》 : 24 years old

《 Gender 》 : Female

《 Exp 》 : 147,000

《Hp 》 : 1,300 (+3,700)

《 Mp 》 : Not applicable

(Experience stat has 100,000 pts. and Health Point Attribute has 1,000 pts. for an average human by the age of 25, Mana Point Attribute is not applicable in this world.)

《 Str 》 : 170 (+830)

《 Per 》 : 129 (+371)

《End 》 : 142 (+858)

《 Cha 》 : 117 (+383)

《 Int 》 : 134 (+366)

《 Agi 》 : 172 (+828)

《 Lck 》 : 12 (+13)

(All stats have 100 pts. for an average human by the age of 25, exception of luck with 10 pts.)

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Finally satisfied, she immediately closed the status window and her senses returned to where they should belong to.

Opening her eyes, a room filled with juniper green touched high class wooden furniture welcomed her. As she transmigrated to the body of Xael Martinaeu, Xael felt no foreign feelings even if she's doing what Xael M. was used on doing.

She rose up on her feet before she started her stretching. After thousands of years of being transmigrated, Xael has mastered the art of being versatile; still she knew that without proper preparation, things may go dangerously.

She silently walked in front of a door that is connected into another room. Opening it, she saw a pink showered girlish room. It was the total opposite of the room she woke up from, her genuine room.

What Xael M. meant when she said that she regretted hiding her true self was that, in the eyes of Charles, she maintained the image of a housewife woman, a proper lady from a military family who only knows things such as sewing, cooking, and the likes. Isn't that the greatest combination; a man who's fit to be called 'a knight and shining armor with a woman who's pure as a princess'.

Whenever Xael M. invited Charles into a 'private conversation', she would always bring him in the room specifically made to support her image of a fragile young lady. Thinking about it, Xael shook her head.

As she closed the door to the connected room, a soft knock was heard from her genuine room. "Good morning, Miss Xael."

"Good morning, you could state your business," Xael said without even letting the maid enter the room.