Chapter 5 - Here a Meta-Human, There a Meta-Human.

"Iris!"

...

There always comes a point in your life when you reckon what is real, and what is fake. In this world, my world, it seems that everything that I thought was fake, is in fact real.

There are people who can touch the skies, teleport, read minds or run faster than you can imagine. It just happens Iris is one of them.

...

She disappeared. Right in front of me, I locked eyes with her a second before she vanished. The only logical explanation is that she is a meta-human. I read about them in the news, they had superhuman abilities, hundreds of them lived among us. But I can't believe she was one! It makes so much sense, she had an emergency that she couldn't tell me... HER SECRET IDENTITY! She's probably saving the city as I speak!

I opened one phone buzzing with excitement. If she really was one, what were her powers? What was her secret identity? Did she need a sidekick? Cause here I am!

All the pieces starting falling into place, That's why she was so distant, why she had to leave all of a sudden and couldn't think of a good excuse. I went to the recent news and what I saw shocked me.

Robbery In Process At Central City Bank, Meta-Human Suspect.

The suspect appears to be female that possesses teleportation meta-human abilities, police are on the scene though The Flash is yet to show up.

"No no no no no" I stuttered to myself, she's a villain? That didn't seem like Iris! No, she left to stop this criminal. Not be one!

Even though I told myself else wise my mind was working away and proving it was her.

She disappeared.

She can teleport.

It happened right after she left.

NO!

Iris was not a criminal!

I dialled her number praying she would pick up.

"Agh!" I yelled.

"Iris pick up! please pick up! Please..." I prayed,

She didn't pick up.

Aagggggghhhhhh!

"Taxi!" I waved one down and got in, "Central City Bank" I requested hoping he hadn't heard the news yet. Lucky for me he hadn't. I had to get to the scene and see what was happening.

10:30 am

I was going to be late to class. The taxi was a little more than halfway to the bank but I still had time to make it to my second class. I could go to one or the other.

No. what was I thinking, if it was truly Iris robbing the bank I had to stop her, maybe she had to. Like someone blackmailed her, or she was threatened! Or she was in a tight money situation and this was the one time she used her powers for wrong. Iris West isn't a bad person, that's what I know for sure. But it might not even be Iris! But what if...