Chapter 29 - Flipping Nazi's

A week later...

I smiled from behind one of the columns supporting the high ceiling. Ralph treaded lightly throughout the space behind me trying not to give away his location. Joke's on him, I knew where he was. I took a quiet deep breath and readied myself to cast an illusion. Maybe another doppelganger? Or I could switch it up with a huge venomous snake? Lightly, since I've started training, I've been able to cast more real and bigger illusions. Which, Ralph has hopelessly tried to decipher throughout this week.

Just as I closed my eyes, what felt like an extremely loud vibration buzz through my pocket. Who in the devil's name was calling me? I quickly shoved my hand in my pocket to silence it. I pulled it out and briefly checked who it was, Iris.

There was a tap on my shoulder and my eyes darted up. I smiled sheepishly. He swiped at my leg and I came crashing down to the ground with a loud thud.

"Hey!" I complained.

"Your fault," he said in defence.

"Agh," I moaned and finally answered her call.

"Actually it's these stupid devices," I mumbled before asking, "Hey what's up?"

"Willow, um. Have you submitted your RSVP for our wedding yet?"

I sighed and tried to recall such action, "I, uh, didn't. I thought you would assume that I was coming either way."

"I'll take that as a yes?" she asked warily.

"It's a yes," I stated obviously.

-------------------------

"You are littery glowing," Felicity complimented Iris while handing her a pass of champagne. They all thought it would be a good idea to get our nails done before her big day so here we were, at the nail salon.

"Um, aren't pregnant women the ones that glow? I think brides blush," Caitlyn corrected.

"Oh, Iris..." I suggested smugly and she shook her head frantically.

"No! I can blush. The other one, not just yet," she responded surely.

Felicity looked at one of her newly painted nails, "Oh, it doesn't get much better than this ladies!"

"I know, it just feels good to just be away from it all. Everything, " Kara stated. I figured out earlier that her alter-ego was Supergirl, a practically indestructible superhero with super strength and laser beams that shoot out of her eyes. I wondered why I had never heard of her, it makes sense that she turns out to be from another earth.

"Where's Mon-El?" the soon-to-be-bride asked.

Supergirl sighed, "you know what, long story. But thank you for letting me bring my sister as my plus one."

"Oh yeah, absolutely I'm actually very excited to meet her," she replied.

"Me too."

"Same," I chimed in. Electronic crackling came from the device the employee was using to file Kara's nails.

She gasped, "Oh! Uh... I'm sorry I forgot to warn you... I take a lot of Keratin," she stammered as smoak rose from the shot tool. Like I said, practically indestructible... even her nails.