Bus 405 - Part One

Barry

"Iris I'm telling you she was there!" I pleaded. Yesterday when I had first encountered Becky, I chased her to the dead end of a back lane, she was cornered and I lunged forward to catch her and I fell right threw her then she disappeared. It was the strangest thing, it was all like some sort of an illusion. When I turned around searching for her, I saw a familiar figure speed walking out of the alley. She was unmistakably Willow Blake, one of my childhood friends, or more likely, Iris's friend.

"Why would Willow be with Becky?" She defended.

"Becky Sharpe was a meta-human maybe Willow-"

"She is not a Meta!" Iris cut me off.

"How do you know that? Does Willow ever ride the bus?" I accused.

Iris paused digesting my evidence. "She rides it every day, You think Willow helped Becky?"

"I'm not saying she did." I sighed, "Could you at least ask her? Or bring her here?"

"Willow and I aren't exactly on speaking terms right now," She mumbled.

"I thought you and Willow were best friends?" I wondered.

"We were... then I messed up."

"What happened Iris?" I asked touching her hand.

"I got her in trouble, by trouble I mean held hostage." She admitted.

"When did this happen?" I asked trying to recall this incident.

"You weren't there, you were still trapped in the speed force," She informed and I sighed if only I had got out earlier maybe I could have helped.

"And how did that affect your friendship? If anything it should have made it-"

"She knows that I'm lying to her." She blurted out, "She knows that I'm hiding this life from her, I told her about Wally to satisfy her but she just knows me so well that she can tell when I'm lying," tears started to fill her eyes and I comforted her. "I just don't want her to become a part of this part of our lives, I don't want to put her in danger."

I almost laughed at the irony, "I guess you know how I felt all those years ago? When I wanted to protect you."

"Yes Barry, but if she's anything like me, which she is, she'll want the truth."

"You can tell her my secret. She's practically family," I smiled, "I think I can trust Willow."

"Are you sure?"

"Pretty much, if what I remember about Willow is still accurate then I'm sure we can trust her." I kissed Iris and got up.

"Where are you going?" She wondered.

"I'm going to pay a little visit to Willow." I smiled and sped off.

----------------------------

Willow

I sat in Jitters drinking my morning coffee while sketching some ideas for a super suit. I figured since I had powers maybe I could do a little good, like The Flash. Though last time I used my powers it ended in a disaster. So far I had heard nothing from the police and was keeping track of the developments in the case, Becky had been arrested and sent to the Iron Heights meta-human wing. Hopefully, I wouldn't be seeing or hearing from her anytime soon.

"Is this seat taken?" I fairly familiar male voice asked.

"It depends who's asking?" I said still looking at my paper.