Chapter 7 - Carnival Games

Some Time Ago

"Hey!" I squealed trying to grab back my french fry. The ringing of rollercoasters and festival games hummed in the background.

He sat there smiling, then shoved the fry in his mouth and laughed.

"Come on Ralph!" I scolded. I noticed that his fries were unguarded and I snatched one.

"Willow!" He laughed.

"Payback," I mumbled chewing on the fry. We were sitting at a burger stand in the local carnival, the lights of rides shining in the night.

"So," I started to ask, "Why did you choose here for our date?" I hadn't been brought to a carnival since high school.

"Well. I thought it would be fun." He smiled.

"So far it is." I joked. "What do you want to do next?" I said looking around. The stand was next to a Ferris wheel, and around the wheel were games that were IMPOSSIBLE to win.

"How about some games?" He wondered.

"You know those are impossible right?" I laughed.

"I bet I could actually teach those con artists a lesson" He smiled.

"I bet you could," I joked hitting his shoulder. I saw the waiter coming and I ate faster.

"Would you like your bill?" She asked politely.

"Ralph, you done?" I asked looking over, yep he was done, everything was eaten on his plate. But didn't he have like half done a couple minutes ago?

"Ya we'll take the bill," he sighed. "Um, Willow can you pay?"

It must have shown on my face that I was upset because he added. "I'm sorry, but I can barely make it bill to bill." I sighed and sucked it up. Okay, why did I even expect him to pay? I was being spoiled.

"Yea It's fine," I said talking out my wallet. She handed me the bill and I sighed again. 30$. I swear that is the most expansive burger and fries I have ever eaten!

"Alright to the games!" Ralph proclaimed and he walked off, and I followed.

The first one we came to was a milk jug knockout. I bought 3 balls and Ralph bought 2.

"Here we go!" I prayed throwing my first ball... It missed. "Agh!"

Ralph threw his ball and he knocked down all the jugs.

"What!?!" I squealed. "How did you do that!"

"Like this," He threw his next ball and it hit down the tower again.

I stood there in shock. "How?" I picked up my next ball and threw it, IT MISSED AGAIN!

"Here you go," The guy gave Ralph a pink teddy bear with a crown.

"I can't do this!" I complained throwing my hands in the air.

"Here," Ralph smiled. I nearly shrieked when he wrapped himself around me sliding his arm against mine guiding my toss.

"Alright, 1, 2, 3!" He exclaimed, he guided my arm back and we threw it forward...

It hit the top one!

"Yes!" I celebrated jumping up and down. The guy gave me a little polar bear keychain, it wasn't any medal but I was still overjoyed.

"Alright my turn!" I looked for a game that suited my fancy. "There!" I pointed to the Ski Ball.

"How many plays?" The employee asked.

"Um, just four," I responded.

"I have to go to the washroom be right back" Ralph whispered before running off.