Chapter 9 - Insane

Beep - Beep

Beep - Beep

I slowly opened eyes, at first everything was blurry, a mix of colours swirled around me.

Beep - Beep

I focused on my surroundings and a very familiar figure came into shape.

"Mom," I sighed. My voice was dry and dusty. I started to cough.

She squeezed my hand trying to calm me down.

"We haven't even been here a year and you've been in the hospital twice. Two too many times," Tears started to prick her eyes and I squeezed her hand back.

"Mom I'll be fine," I comforted even though I didn't know how bad I was injured. She rested her head on my arm.

We sat like that for a while, I took in my room. I was laying on a hospital bed (As usual it was very stiff) the room was white like the last time I was here and when I looked to my arm it had the same IV in it. The same TV sat in front of my bed, I news report of a Samurai terrorizing the city played on the screen, agh, there was always a threat in this city.

Painful memories of my last visit came flowing back to me and I tried to stop thinking about how bad this new injury could be. Then I remembered something quite funny, me sitting in the bed trying to use the force to grab the TV remote. I laughed a little at the thought, might-as-well try again!

"What the heck," I mumbled to myself l because mother was sleeping on my arm. I reached out with my other arm grunting because of the pain. I closed my eyes concentrating on the TV remote. Might as well try and bring a little joy to myself in these rough times.

Then my breath hitched. The remote floated into my hand. I screamed in shock and dropped the remote onto the ground it shattering.

"What's wrong?" My mother jumped awake checking if I was okay. "Nurse!" She called into the hallway.

I was stuttering in shock. Deep breaths, deep breaths, I told myself. That didn't just happen. Its the medication.

A nurse came running into the room. "What's the problem?"

Mom motioned towards me and the nurse walked over expecting my answer.

I looked at the broken TV remote on the floor, but it wasn't there anymore.

"Waa-" Then I saw it in the corner of my eye, on the table where it was before. "But- but the remote-" I pointed at it confused. Was I seeing things?

"You want the remote darling?" the nurse asked and I didn't respond.

She brought it over and I sighed.

"Thanks.." I mumbled staring at the controller. I saw my mom looking at me weirdly and I stopped.

"I was just wondering how it worked," I lied turning the remote over in my hand.

"Most likely the same as most controllers," My mom responded staring at me, "Did you forget? God only knows how hard you hit your head," She added.

"How hard did I hit my head? What happened on that bus?" I wondered, "has the doctor confirmed anything?"

"Not yet sweetie," She informed sadly. It was silent for a while as I took in the information. I tried to remember the events that occurred... Ralph, I remember that Ralph was there. What happened after that though? There was an extremely bright light and a wave of energy, an explosion maybe? But deep down I knew it wasn't some explosion, something felt weird, something wasn't right.