Chapter 28 - Me, Wrong?

Willow

I pushed through the heavy doors that separated the training room from the rest of the building. I heard them slam behind me and I felt a sly smile spread across my face while I thought about what just happened. Not to long after my cheeks became rosy.

"You and Dibny are a thing!?" Iris appeared out of nowhere from behind a corner and I wiped all traces of joy from my expression. Was she... was she just waiting there for me?

"Uh..." I stammered from being caught off guard.

Iris stopped in her tracks and pulled on my arm, "Oh my god, really?!" she burst out then added, "Seriously?"

I felt the blush creeping up my cheeks again and I sighed. She knew. "Well..." I tried to avoid granting her an answer and kept walking.

"Dibny...?" she breathed in shock and I rolled my eyes. She sped up so she could catch up with my long and fast purposeful strides. I really wanted to get to the Cortex quickly. "Okay, he's not as bad as you-"

"Oooh! I knew it!" she exclaimed and for a second I felt like I was back in high school, gossiping with my friends about my crush. The funny thing is, back in high school Iris was the friend I gossiped with. I feel kinda bad that I've left her out of the loop lightly... I was really pissed from her hiding things from me, and now I've become some sort of hypocrite. There are so many things I'm hiding from her. I'll make a note to change that.

"Okay, okay," I tried to calm her down.

"How long?"

"Well, today was our first, you know... Date," I admitted.

She furrowed her brow, "Here?"

I lightly laughed at her response. Now I remember why were we friends. "Yeah, that's what I said."

"It did look like you two were getting along," she smiled and gave me a suggestive look.

"Oh! Oh, no, no. Like I said, training."

"Training?" she repeated.

"I'm not lying. Training."

"Whatever you say," she hummed.

I sighed, "Let's just go see what Barry needs," I paused, "He actually needs us right?" Maybe she lied to me about it just so she could interrupt one of the best moments in my life.

"Yeah," she confirmed and we entered the meeting space. The rest of the team was already there.

"Hey, guys, what's going on?" I asked and pranced to where the rest of the team was standing.

"I found a camera in the Samuroid head," Barry announced.

"Where did it lead back to?" Caitlyn asked.

"Where do you think," he retorted.

"DeVoe?" Harry awed. Devoe? Wait- what?!

"So you pinged the camera to his computers IP address... Good!" Harry continued.

"Well, no. I didn't ping it," Allen admitted.

"Well, then how did you figure out who it was?" I questioned and crossed my arms.

"Well-"

"This camera isn't even active," Cisco cut in.

"No, I heard it, it was making a noise."

"A noise?"