eight

Things move a bit faster than they probably should in this chapter but Haha(tm) I dont care 😎

Things for the next month or so were calm for Yugyeom. He fell into a routine of spending a precious amount of time with Bambam and a generous amount of time keeping track of criminals.

Bambam hadn't brought up the whole "secret" debacle and Yugyeom hoped he wouldn't. He had no idea what he would say.

Yugyeom's tiring routine only took a turn one day when he and Rainy were sneaking in to spy on an Mnet meeting in a stereotypical hidden warehouse.

If it weren't for the fact that Yugyeom hadn't seen his face, and maybe even that he hadn't met Bambam, Yugyeom would say Rainy was his makeshift best-friend.

Going on missions teamed up with him made everything so much easier than if he went with Jinyoung or Mark. No offense to his hyungs, but Rainy was his much preferred partner.

This specific job started like any other. The two snuck in and peeked around corners, talked with Jaebum and Youngjae, and ultimately all seemed fine. The meeting was just about to start and they had planted the sneak mics where they shouldn't be able to be seen by anyone, but things don't always go by the book in this line of work.

The mic was about the size of Bambam's hand, if Yugyeom were to size it. Maybe even Rainy's hand honestly. It was gray to match the approximate color of the floor, so Yugyeom just stuck it beside a bunch of boxes that looked empty and hightailed it out of the room.

Much to Yugyeom's surprise, the boxes actually had a use. Although Yugyeom couldn't fathom why, especially when all the audio went to 2jae not him, the men all started off to the back and started picking up boxes and hauling them to the front of the large empty room used for the meeting. Though Yugyeom and Rainy were behind a closed door, he heard shuffling and soft talking coming from the other side. Yugyeom furrowed his brows in confusion, temporarily forgetting the mic broadcasting the message to the members.

Yugyeom turned to ask Rainy but the man was sitting beside him disinterestedly, scrolling through his phone. Yugyeom rolled his eyes and hit Rainy's arm gently before nodding his head to the door.

"What do you think they're doing?" He whispered quietly.

"Maybe they're building a box fort. It's what I would do."

"Oh yes, all knowing Rainy. Rainy knows best." Yugyeom sighed, and then sighed once more hoping that Rainy understood the disappointed but not surprised laced in it.

"What? I don't make the rules, bro."

Yugyeom was about to retaliate back when he heard all the shuffling and talking behind him stop. He held a finger up to shush Rainy and pushed his ear up closer to the door.

"...planted a mic... jyp..." Yugyeom paled and grabbed Rainy's hand and yanked him off the ground.

"Ow, what the heck?"

"They figured us out, we gotta blast," Rainy's jaw dropped and he pulled his hand out of Yugyeom's. They shared a look but no more words before they started running down the hallway of the warehouse that led to the entrance.

Rainy stopped before they hit the front door and opened a random door to the side suddenly.

"What are you doing?" Yugyeom hissed nervously. "We need to get out of here!"

The elder scoffed. "Do you think they don't have snipers waiting outside?"

Yugyeom opened his mouth to say something but Rainy dragged him into the closet without another word.