ten

this ones a shortie!!

Bambam apparently didn't think Yugyeom would notice how he acted odd from that day forward.

Yugyeom would open his drawers to see his things had been shifted through, or sometimes Bambam would ask him where he'd been, and somehow "dance practice" wasn't enough.

"You go to dance almost every day! Are you sure you're just going to dance practice? You aren't doing anything dangerous?"

Yugyeom had assured him as best as he could, but Bambam only seemed partially settled.

It wasn't long before he'd had enough of being invaded like this. While it normally wouldn't bother him that Bambam was going through his things to an extent, he was a bit hurt that Bambam didn't just ask him about what he'd been looking for.

Yugyeom had been the most open book he could be in this relationship. He told Bambam everything. Even when he had to keep a secret, he would tell the other that he was keeping a secret and wasn't ready to talk about it. If there was something he wanted, or wondered, he asked. If Bambam wanted him to know, he would know.

Yugyeom knew he'd always put more into the relationship than Bambam, but it was just a difference of personalities. He'd always at least thought, though, that Bambam would ask him about his worries. If there was something about Yugyeom or what he did when they weren't together that bothered him, Yugyeom wished he would just ask.

With that said, he may not be able to answer 100% truthfully. Still, Bambam didn't even ask. That hurt more than Yugyeom would have figured in a relationship as trust-based as theirs .

He came home one day, ready to give it a night and fall asleep cuddled up to Bambam. There was a little bit of a bump in the road, though, when he opened the bedroom door to see Bambam on the floor with a determined look on his face and Yugyeom's work backpack in front of him.

Yugyeom let out a surprised gasp and Bambam snapped his head up. "Bambam?"

"Oh, hi, Gyeoms." Yugyeom didn't reply and just looked between Bambam and his bag and, oddly, Bambam just smiled. "Oh. Well, you haven't happened to see my headphones, have you? I thought maybe you got them mixed in with some of your stuff and I'm walking to work today. Would totally suck to have to walk in silence..." he trailed off, the bright look dropping off his face, likely due to Yugyeom's unchanging blank expression 

They stared at each other in silence until Yugyeom spoke. "What are you doing, Bam? Your headphones are on the ground over there by your shoes."

The male bit his lip but didn't answer.

Yugyeom didn't know quite how to react. He could be mad and fight for an answer out of Bambam or he could just let it go.

He opted for somewhere in the middle, if you could call it that.

"Can you not tell me? Is something the matter- is something worrying you?" Bambam shook his head and quickly replied that no, he was fine.

"Why are you avoiding the topic at hand? Seriously, why were you going through my bag?" Yugyeom felt stiff somehow- some aching part of him felt dirt seep into wounds he'd thought had closed long ago when the thought crossed his mind that Bambam somehow truly didn't trust him.

"I was just... I don't know. I just felt the urge to look. Am I not allowed to worry sometimes? You are gone all the time-"

"Bambam, I'm 19. Yes, I have dance and other friends and a whole life outside of what happens in this small apartment, but that doesn't equal up to me cheating on you." Yugyeom finished with a sigh and closed the door behind him, before walking straight past Bambam and plopping face down into the bed.

Yugyeom didn't hear him moving until the bed creaked beside him and Bambam sat down. "I'm sorry." He offered gloomily. "I just can't help wondering. Worrying."

"How would you feel if I went through your stuff?" Yugyeom began. "It's not just now either. You've been hovering over me and going through all of my things like crazy and I haven't said anything. I can't handle being invaded so much anymore."

Bambam stiffened up at Yugyeom's original question but immediately after reached a hand forward and rubbed the other's back.

"I understand. I'm sorry."

There was so much more that Yugyeom wanted to say, but he left it at that. He felt like anymore was pushing Bambam and he didn't want to pressure him into anything, despite the deep pain that sank into his chest at the ideas running through his head of what Bambam was thinking.

"Whatever. Just come to sleep."

"I'm really sorry. Please don't be cold to me. Let's watch a movie this Saturday together, okay? We don't even have to go out. Let's just snuggle into the couch and make some crappy Walmart popcorn and watch something cheesy like The Notebook." Bambam carefully crawled over Yugyeom and to his side of the bed.

Yugyeom was nearly asleep already and didn't reply. Bambam prodded at his head again so he turned to face him drowsily. "I said come to sleep." He managed out, his face muffled from being pressed against his pillow.

"You aren't even changed out of your clothes yet Gyeom. And you still need to wash up too. You shouldn't sleep yet."

Yugyeom rolled his eyes and pulled the covers from the end of the bed onto him and faced the wall.

Bambam sighed and muttered, "One night of not brushing your teeth won't hurt I guess. How can you sleep in such tight jeans though? How does it not feel like your legs are being strangled?" Yugyeom could almost smell Bambam's disgusted expression.

"They really aren't comfy. Whatever..." He turned around and made grabby hands at Bambam who rolled his eyes. He was already washed up so he let Yugyeom wrap his arms around his shoulders.

"You never replied to me about Saturday." Bambam mumbled into his shoulder after he got situated. Yugyeom laughed softly. "I am not watching The Notebook." He answered amusedly.

"Oh. Okay." Bambam shrunk down a bit and moved to turn around but Yugyeom didn't let him.

"I will watch something cooler with you though." Bambam relaxed in Yugyeom's arms and huffed. "That wasn't cool, Gyeom." Yugyeom had his head against his pillow and his eyes closed but he knew Bambam was probably looking the most adorable that he could be, all pouty right up against him. "What do you want to watch?"

"We could just watch vines. Or- oh my goodness, I'm a genius- do you remember Buzzfeed Unsolved, that we watched yesterday?"

Bambam whined a little bit. "That's so scary!"

Yugyeom laughed and felt his heart pound familiarly from the feeling of Bambam talking into his shoulder but he was as used to the sensation as he could be by then.

It was nice. In that moment, Yugyeom was happy, but it isn't that simple.

After all, happiness is a fleeting thing.