eighteen

Yugyeom darted his eyes to Bambam in surprise. What should he do?

Bambam had sat down and was making casual conversation with the man, Jackson.

"No, no, the gym is for wimps," Bambam waved his hand around to further his point, but Jackson shot back an upset, "What do you mean? The gym and I are basically best friends!"

"Hey..." Yugyeom tried to dart in, but Bambam and Jackson had already started bickering as if they'd known each other for years.

Bambam was waving his hands around and talking loud enough that Yugyeom had caught a few glances in their direction and scrutinizing gazes.

Yugyeom glanced at Mark, to send a lets talk outside look at him, but he had his elbows propped up on the table and his hands were holding his head up as he gazed at Jackson with seemingly thousands of stars in his eyes. Yugyeom let out a deep sigh, was this how he and Bam seemed? , but it caught the attention of the others at the table.

"Something wrong, Yug?" Bambam asked.

"Uhm- I guess- yeah, yeah. Can I talk to you and Mark," he nodded his head to the door and tried to, once again, show in his gaze that the thing he had to say was important, "outside?"

Bambam glanced curiously at Mark, who just shrugged his shoulders. "Sure, the oldest of the three spoke, "But why?"

"Work." Yugyeom tried to use the simplest context possible.

"Ooh!" Jackson piped in suddenly, "Markiepooh, where do you work?"

"Um." Mark stiffened up. "Nowhere important. You wouldn't know it, since it's in Korea."

He stood up before Jackson could give further argument and raced out the door, leaving Yugyeom and Bambam behind.

Bambam smiled to Jackson and said, "We'll be right back, bro," and Yugyeom almost threw up in his throat at the thought that Bambam was making a friendship with someone who could have killed them.

"What's up? Did you get a message?" They had arrived outside and Yugyeom had pulled them aways a bit, into a corner where he was sure that Jackson couldn't be spying on them.

"I know that guy- Jackson, or whatever, I know him."

Mark's eyes lit up. "You know Jackson? It didn't seem like you two knew each other." Bambam made a noise of agreement.

"He doesn't recognize me." After pausing to think of how, exactly, to word this statement and ruin poor Mark's budding love life, he continued with, "You remember that time that I got hit by all the glass on my first mission?"

Bambam furrowed his brows, obviously upset at the memory, "Yeah. What's Jackson got to do with that?"

"That guy," He put as much emotion into his voice as he could manage, to make his point, "was the one who shot the window.

Bambam paused, a blank look on his face. "Are you... Are you sure?"

Yugyeom nodded solemnly, and his gaze dropped to his tapping feet. He couldn't bring himself to look at Mark.

They stood there in silence. Mark eventually commented, "This is ridiculous." And stormed off without another word. Yugyeom raised his eyes to Bambam in a panic, and Bambam just shook his head and looked away. "It's hard to believe." He spoke in a whisper.

"I'm telling the truth. I promise. It's the same guy we saw walk in the building that triggered the rest of the mission."

Bambam hummed and looked at the ground thoughtfully, before recognition flashed in his eyes and he raised his head, wide-eyed, to Yugyeom. "Oh. Oh no, no. Mark can't go back in there to him."