seventeen

short but important~ sorry for taking so long, I've been in a writing slump recently

"Have you two seen Mark?"

The members had all left from the airport separately since they all had different things to do to prepare. Yugyeom and Bambam had walked around Hong Kong and explored, which under any other circumstance would have been an enjoyable way to spend their time. Since they were doing scouting for hospitals and places of interest in case of an emergency, though, the mood was kind of drear.

They'd eaten and returned to the hotel building where they were all staying. Youngjae and Jaebeom had to set up their connections in the hotel and so they'd been kind enough to take everyone's luggage as well. Yugyeom and Bambam knocked on the door to their room to get their room keys when they were met with a frazzled looking Jaebeom while Youngjae snoozed in a chair, the light of a couple screens shining onto his soft face.

"No, why?" Jaebeom moved for the two to enter and closed the door behind them, then motioned quickly for the two to sit on of the two beds in the room.

"I've tried calling him three times now to get a status report on if there are any Mama agents wandering around, but he hasn't answered. His phone is turned off, too." He grabbed his laptop from the bedside table and pointed to the screen, which had tracking on it that was installed into their work phones and their glasses. 

"Isn't he right there?" Bambam leaned over and (carefully, Jaebeom was scary when it came to his laptop) pointed to a blinking white light that was resting oddly close. "It looks like he's next door, in his room."

Jaebeom shook his head. "No, he left his glasses in his luggage. He's not one to leave his phone anywhere, so I figured it would be okay, but when I got on here to check he was gone. Jinyoung says he can't find him either."

Bambam had his eyes furrowed and Yugyeom rested a hand on his shoulder as he leaned over to look at the screen, too. As he'd been told, there was no yellow spot with an "M" in the middle that represented his phone's location. "Maybe we should start getting chips implanted into our skin," he tried joking, but Bambam and Jaebeom didn't seem very impressed.

"Haven't you asked Youngjae, either?" He tried again, nodding his head slightly towards the sleeping spy.

"Ah, well," Jaebeom looked over affectionately and back to Yugyeom and Bambam, "he's been having trouble sleeping since the mission with the Mnet agents and those two little girls, he says he can't get the image of them out of his head, so I don't want to wake him up now that he's finally gotten to sleep." He sighed defeatedly and closed the laptop, setting it back on the table and connecting its black charger. "But I probably should, you're right."

"No, no," Bambam stopped him, waving his hands around with a determined expression "we'll go out and look, so don't worry too much and don't wake up Youngjae."

Yugyeom nodded in agreement. Bambam had suffered a lot after that mission, too; although, he hadn't known it was due to that mission at the time, he remembered Bambam's constant fidgeting and restlessness while they were trying to sleep. He couldn't blame him, either- that mission had apparently been so scarring that the company had even offered therapy for Youngjae, Bambam, and Jinyoung, who'd been the only three to participate. 

From what he had heard of the mission, it was supposed to be a simple check up on a common meeting place of Mnet agents. The abandoned warehouse, however, had became inhabited during the six months since they'd last checked. The agents were using it to keep two small girls captive and they did unspeakable things to them. They both died shortly after being taken into protective custody while they were identified. "Rainy" had told him, in a meeting following the mission, that no amount of training could have prepared him for what he'd seen.

Jaebeom gave them a thankful look and glanced back to Youngjae. "Sometimes, I wish we hadn't met with this kind of job. Youngjae would be a lot safer and have a calmer mind if he worked at a fast food place, or something."

"I think so too." Yugyeom spoke, ignoring the look of surprise that Bambam gave him, "But this isn't any time to get affectionate. Me and Bam will go look for Mark. Rest easy, because we..." he winked at Bambam, causing Jaebeom to fake a gag.

"...are the best in the business!" Yugyeom and Bambam did a routine superhero pose while Jaebeom looked like he wanted to jump out of a window.

They laughed quietly and said their goodbyes. Deciding to walk the streets back to the airport Yugyeom and Bambam looked around at everything with inquisitive eyes. 

They must have walked around for another two hours, calling out his name at every crowded area, until they agreed to take a short break and eat at a local café. They sat down at a small table in the corner of the café and waited for a waiter or waitress to approach. "This place is kinda cute," Bambam commented. Yugyeom looked around the café too, to see what Bambam had liked so much.

He actually agreed, it was pretty cute. There were cream colored photos in blue and yellow frames, with other blue and yellow accents all over the walls. There was another eating area enclosed in glass with blue walls and white curtains, and a cork board with selfies, probably of local regulars, pinned up messily. The tables themselves were circular and looked kind of like Ritz crackers, and were surrounded by petite little chairs that were flat colors that stood out at each table.

As Yugyeom was scanning the room, he saw the back of a familiar head. "Hey, Bam," He patted his boyfriends arm, and the older turned his head to him with his soft hair bouncing. "Doesn't that look like Mark?"

Bambam squinted his eyes and gasped. "No way, you're totally right. Did we really find him here, of all places? And who the heck is he eating with?"

Yugyeom hadn't noticed, but (if was actually him) Mark was eating with some man that seemed oddly familiar. He was short, and had fluffy looking brown hair. "Hey, Mark!" He called out, loud enough for the man to notice him. Luckily, the café was busy so everyone didn't turn to stare at some strange foreigner calling out another foreigner's foreign name.

As they'd anticipated, the familiar head turned to them and confirmed their suspicions. "Hey!" Mark raised his hand with a bright smile and waved them over. 

Since no waiter had came yet, Bambam and Yugyeom gave each other a confirming nod and walked over to him. "There's two extra seats, why don't you two sit with us?"

Yugyeom glanced up at the man again, intending to introduce him and Bambam as they sat down, but Bambam beat him to it. "Hi, I'm Bambam and this is Yugyeom. Do you mind if we join you?"

"No, not at all man. Sit down!" The boy had good Korean despite looking obviously Chinese and a deep, light voice. "I'm Jackson."

As Bambam reached out and shook hands with the stranger that Mark had became acquaintances with, Yugyeom realized why he seemed so familiar.

This guy, who'd seemed friendly enough, was actually the Mnet agent who'd shot the glass on their first mission.