thirteen

I suck at angst so ur just gonna have to deal with it oof

Bambam's first hint towards Yugyeom being in his line of work was the story he told when he admitted that he'd kissed a coworker.

On the day they'd gotten stuck in the closet and kissed, Bambam and Browny has stayed in the base and just chilled. It was too late to go home without arousing any suspicion from their significant others, they had agreed, so they decided screw it, they'd just stay.

It was better to ask forgiveness than not get permission, so they didn't message their partners either.

"You need to tell him. I do to. Keeping secrets always goes bad in the dramas, you know." Quietly, Bambam spoke his mind to Browny on the red couch.

The other just nodded sadly. Bambam felt guilt eat away at him. If anything happened between his friend that hurt his relationship, it would really be his fault.

Bambam wasn't too worried about Yugyeom at home, despite it all. His boyfriend was kind of... innocent, could he say? He might accept Bambam's apology and move on quickly.

Somehow, it made him feel even worse.

Yugyeom's heart was a bit iffy, sometimes. He was very considerate so if Yugyeom really thought Bambam was cheating on him, he'd probably break up so Bambam could be together with the person. Bambam could persuade him out of that.

When he'd woken up the next day Browny was still fast asleep, so he just patted his head and went home.

When he got there, Yugyeom wasn't home. His mind automatically went to the worst case scenario. What if Yugyeom had felt abandoned and left the house yesterday? What if he suspected he was out hooking up with some other guy or what if he was going to break things off with him?

Even if he had told himself those things wouldn't happen the day before, it didn't help his mental state then.

He sat down on the couch and grabbed a blanket and pulled it over his head, taking a deep breath. He was so worried.

Yugyeom came home, but Bambam had just barely recovered from being a sobbing mess.

Then Yugyeom told him something that shook Bambam to the core- he'd kissed his coworker.

Bambam's initially felt betrayed, but he didn't really have any room for that. He tried to reason internally with himself. Don't be angry, consider the situation. Yugyeom wouldn't betray himself unless- "He forced himself on you?"

Yugyeom quickly shot that down. He looked extremely guilty.

His story sounded too familiar to Bambam. Much too familiar. He glanced his boyfriend up and down. It couldn't be possible.

Could Yugyeom be Browny? It wasn't a serious thing at first, but as Yugyeom hung his head Bambam tried to connect all the dots. If he filled in Yugyeom being Browny, it made so much sense. Everything fit.

Later that night he told Yugyeom he would take a shower. He did, of course, but he just stood there for the longest time.

He had a plan to set his mind at ease with this new idea of his. He waited for Yugyeom to fall asleep while he was in the shower (so that he didn't fall asleep too). Then he tiptoed to Yugyeom's side of the bed and opened the table drawer beside it. Yugyeom was a heavy sleeper, but he'd also slept on Bambam's side of the bed, so Bambam was quite confident that he wouldn't wake the younger.

He sifted through the drawer but he didn't find anything fishy. Quietly, he made his way to the main room with the kitchen and living area.

He spent a while looking around for anything suspicious. He kept all of his work items in a locker, but Browny said he'd kept his at home...

His bag! Bambam had to look in there. It made him uncomfortable though, to go through Yugyeom's bag. He would have to think about looking through it.

He heard the opening of the door suddenly, and was forced to stop contemplating and shout "DON'T COME OUT!"

The door slammed shut, thankfully. Yugyeom might have got the wrong idea but either way, Bambam preferred that he believed that (which honestly wasn't even a big deal between them) rather than come out and see that he was going through all the cracks in the house.

He continued searching for things over the next couple weeks. There was an incident when Bambam had finally decided to look through his bag a couple days before, but that wasn't too big in the long run.

Bambam liked to believe nothing bad could ever happen to him and Yugyeom's relationship anyways- they were mature enough to talk through any issues. At least, that's what he'd always told himself.

That day at the meeting, after everyone had left, he decided to figure things out once and for all. Weeks of wondering if maybe he was overthinking could be ended so simply if he just saw his face.

He got Browny to stop and allow him to take it off- it was a surprise that he'd allowed him too.

It wasn't until he'd pulled down the face mask to all-too-familiar lips that he realized the seriousness of their situation. He wasn't even sure if he wanted Browny to be Yugyeom.

Being a spy is serious business! He could get seriously hurt. If something happened to Yugyeom when Bambam was there, how would he ever forgive himself? He wouldn't. He couldn't.

At the same time, he and Browny were a bit close those days. Browny acted like he was Bambam's best friend despite how little they knew of each other's personal lives (another hint to him being Yugyeom- he got attached very easily. It was a curse and a blessing). Naturally, Bambam felt traitorously attracted to him- but it hadn't occurred to him until then. If it wasn't Yugyeom, then he really had an issue on his hands.

Of course, nobody would ever compare to Yugyeom, but even thinking of liking someone else even the least bit hurt.

When he lifted Browny's glasses up and spotted that mole, he knew for sure. It was too much then to be a coincidence.

"Oh my God. Yugyeom?" He asked. The reality of it all crashed onto him.

Then Yugyeom just had to get a call. Bambam was a bit angry that he had to get pulled out of the conversation, but when he heard Yugyeom panickedly talking to Jungkook he blew that anger out the rear and got worried for his friend.

Yugyeom rushed out and Bambam just went home. He wasn't sure what to do, and he also had Mama to worry about, so he just sat on the couch under the blanket and thought about things. Yugyeom called to inform Bambam that he was staying and Jungkook's so Bambam naturally had no objections. He was okay with waiting until tomorrow to tell Yugyeom about their situation.

When he woke up the next morning, he wasn't able to do that at all.

Moeyg: let's break up.
Moeyg: I'm going to stay with jungkook for a while. Dont call

Bambam couldn't fathom why, but suddenly he felt like he couldn't read Korean anymore.

He was too tired for this April fools crap months away from April fools.

Bams: did I like. Forget ur moms birthday again? I swear it's not for months. What is this all about?

We're sorry, you may not message the number you are trying to contact. Try again later.

Bambam's mouth quivered and his phone fell to the floor but he didn't care.

He brought his hand up to his mouth and let out a shaky sob.

What did he do? Why would Yugyeom do this to him out of nowhere?

After crying and thinking and rolling around on the floor, pitying himself and beating himself up at the same time, Bambam calmed down a little.

He could just talk to him about it as adults. All Yugyeom's stuff was still at his house and they were working together for the rest of their careers, basically.

He could fix this... or he would at least have to try.