fourteen

kisses and thank you sm for reading this and commenting or liking or anything, it means a lot 💕💕💕

Yugyeom was startled awake by Jungkook throwing a pillow at him. "Dude what the heck?"

"What?" He groaned, pulling his hand down his cheek and looking at the other drowsily.

"Why do I have 39 missed calls from Bambam at 6 in the morning?" He threw his phone at Yugyeom who caught the phone just barely.

"Um..." He wasn't sure what to say, so he just looked at the phone blankly. It started ringing out some english song that Jungkook listened to and he jumped a bit but sighed when he saw the caller id. He pressed the lower volume button to mute it and wordlessly looked up at Jungkook.

"I'm not kidding. What the heck, Kim?" He crossed his arms and stood in the doorway with a serious expression.

"We might have broken up. Well, I broke up with him. Last night." He grinned sheepishly but it was obviously fake.

He wasn't sobbing, though. There had been enough of that last night that he was beginning to be able to think straight.

"Uh, excuse? Come again Hun? You what?"

"You're not helping." He buried his face in the pillow and rolled around on the bed, trying not to get emotional about it. He made this decision so he had to deal with it without being a baby. It was for Bambam's sake anyways.

"This better not have to do with Jimin. Like a pity party or something." Jungkook furrowed his brows.

Yugyeom shook his head to deny it. "No. I realized something while you talked about Jimin and Taehyung but it isn't a pity thing at all. It's all me." He meant to end it there but Jungkook stood waiting expectantly so he sighed. "I don't want to talk about it. I'll end up regretting it so let's switch topics, okay?"

Jungkook sighed. "Yugyeom. Tell me."

Yugyeom pinched the bridge of his nose and sat up. "Would you just leave me alone about it bro? It's to early for this interrogation." He climbed out of the bed and grumbled his way to the kitchen.

Jungkook watched him sadly. "But... bro..."

○○○

"Y'all are dumb."

"Shut up Mingyu." Jungkook scoffed.

"I mean, have you ever considered 'talking about problems' or maybe 'not jumping to conclusions'?" Jungkook gulped and looked away.

"And you mister 'let's not talk about my problems uwu!!' What the heck! Bambam is one of us so how can I just easily be okay with you breaking his heart for no good reason!"

Yugyeom lowered his head guiltily. He wasn't wrong...

"Yugyeom and Jungkook have always done stupid stuff together though. Especially in middle school." Dokyeom commented, his usually happy face clouded over.

Minghao nodded, his feet propped up on the table in front of the couch. "Bambam wasn't with us then. I wonder... Yugyeom, did Bambam ever know you dated Jungkook?"

"Hm?" Yugyeom shot his head up in momentary confusion. He had forgotten about those three days. He shook his head slowly. "No... I don't think he does."

○○○

"Yugyeom, I'm so gay. Really. Don't yell at me or anything."

"What the heck dude?" Yugyeom dipped his French Fry in BBQ sauce and furrowed his eyebrows. "That was sudden. Anyways I can't believe you even had to ask, omg," it was cool at the time, so Yugyeom pronounced out oh-em-gee, "I won't yell at you."

"Oh, good! I was worried!" Jungkook grabbed the sauce from Yugyeom and pulled it to his chicken nuggets and lowered his voice so the other people eating at McDonalds didn't hear him.

"I feel like homosexuality is kind of a sensitive topic here ever since the mayor finally realized she was a lesbian and resigned to go live in Paris with her girlfriend." Yugyeom snorted at Jungkook's retelling of such an amusing time for the city (or maybe not, because the new mayor was a total whackadoodle but it was temporary anyways).

"Jungkook you pass out when any girls flirt with you but you never look 'interested'. Anyways, I'm actually gay too."

Yugyeom was suddenly aware that Jungkook who was staring at him intently. "You too?"

"Mhm. My grandpa married a woman to cover up that he was gay way back in the day, so after hanging out with him enough I thought, 'wow, maybe I'm gay'. Like a gut feeling... that I just don't like girls but I like guys instead!"

"That's kinda weird bro. You didn't ever see a guy you were interested in?" Jungkook asked, stuffing the empty fry container into their bag and sipping his drink.

"None other than you."

Jungkook coughed (a little bit of his drink came out of his nose, though he wouldn't admit it) and gaped at the younger. "Me? Dude! That's so gay but like... me too! I didn't know I was gay until recently I was like "Dang, Yugyeom can get it! And that is totally not a no homo kind of thing..."

"Dude... we should do what all the kids do nowadays."

"Date?" Jungkook grinned excitedly.

"Yeah, man."

  ○○○  

Yugyeom and Jungkook's relationship lasted three days.

"I think we're better as bros. It's not me, it's you." Jungkook leaned down on a knee and held out a taco bell quesadilla as an offering.

"You're breaking up with me... with fake Mexican food? In the middle of the parking lot at our ghetto school?" Yugyeom gasped.

Jungkook nodded solemnly. "I just don't think we work as a couple. Just as bros."

Yugyeom sighed. "I knew this was coming. Honestly..." He grabbed the quesadilla and his bag off of his back and leaned down, unzipping it.

He grabbed a wrapped burrito out of his bag and offered it to Jungkook.

"I was thinking the same thing.